Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in buying a 2001 Focus ZTS if the issue is not to severe with it.

I have messaged a private seller who told me that the mechanic told them the problem with the vehicle to pass inspection was " "structure rust hole" at the unibody mount for the engine" and a bad brake line.

Does the work to repair this hole seem to be an extreme project or is it something that can be done in a small amount of time without tearing a ton of the car apart?

I have not seen the damage and am not sure what the unibody mount even looks like to know what I would be getting into.

If possibly could someone maybe post an image of what it is so I can see for an idea what I would be looking at?

Thanks in advance for any helpful insight :)

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Generally rust and corrosion problems aren't confined to a single spot. If it's severe enough to warrant some kind of vehicle inspection failure, I'd walk away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Generally rust and corrosion problems aren't confined to a single spot. If it's severe enough to warrant some kind of vehicle inspection failure, I'd walk away.
Yea I thought the same. Our truck just died Friday and we are looking for a cheap replacement asap. We are caught in a behind schedule job that needs to be complete in a few days lol.

Just figured if it was a simple patch job and the one brake line it seemed decent for $1200.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
17,509 Posts
No way to tell as it can be one hundred different ways, have to have pic to even think about guessing there. Like said though if the structural integrity of the car is compromised then look elsewheres.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts