Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody experience idling issues? At first I thought it was only the cold weather, but today is warmer and it still occurs. Even after it's warmed up it's idling a little uneven.

2013 focus 5 door with powershift and 31,000kms. I just picked the car up 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Anybody experience idling issues? At first I thought it was only the cold weather, but today is warmer and it still occurs. Even after it's warmed up it's idling a little uneven.

2013 focus 5 door with powershift and 31,000kms. I just picked the car up 2 weeks ago.
Welcome to the forum!

I see you're using kilometers, can you please let me know where you're located so I can put you in touch with the right people?

Meagan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum!

I see you're using kilometers, can you please let me know where you're located so I can put you in touch with the right people?

Meagan
Damn you guys are on the ball!

The car is still under warranty so I took it to the dealer today, they sent the car to a Ford dealer to have it serviced. I'll find out tomorrow!

Thanks for the follow up - love the pic!!!

Ford just went up in my book :) that's service !

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Damn you guys are on the ball!

The car is still under warranty so I took it to the dealer today, they sent the car to a Ford dealer to have it serviced. I'll find out tomorrow!

Thanks for the follow up - love the pic!!!

Ford just went up in my book :) that's service !
-Bows-

Glad to hear everything's going along smoothly! For future reference, if you're in Canada, you can reach our Ford Canada team here, and if you're elsewhere in the world, I can get you the Customer Relationship Number for your country. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just got the car back from the dealership.

They ended up doing a PCM software update. The idling issue still persists, but after talking to the service manager I was told, in short, that the slightly uneven idle is normal behavior as the vehicle does not use a torque converter like a traditional automatic.

Does this mean that ALL 2012 + Ford Focus vehicles will have this slight idle variance? It's truly not a big deal, it's just not something I am used to.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Just got the car back from the dealership.

They ended up doing a PCM software update. The idling issue still persists, but after talking to the service manager I was told, in short, that the slightly uneven idle is normal behavior as the vehicle does not use a torque converter like a traditional automatic.

Does this mean that ALL 2012 + Ford Focus vehicles will have this slight idle variance? It's truly not a big deal, it's just not something I am used to.
Pretty much, running premium fuel seems to help, but it does idle a tiny bit rough sometimes... good luck and remember to drive it like a stick shift... lol.. you'll have to read more around here to see what that means. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty much, running premium fuel seems to help, but it does idle a tiny bit rough sometimes... good luck and remember to drive it like a stick shift... lol.. you'll have to read more around here to see what that means. :)
Gotta ask - what do you mean "drive it like a stick shift" ??

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Look for the thread discussing new owners and how to drive it.. it's basically a stick internally, go on and off the throttle at low speeds gently.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Check the battery and see if it holds charge properly. My 3 year old car battery (original Motorcraft) measured 11.8V after sitting for a day (it is somewhat low) and had a bit low water level (I added distilled water after it was fully charged), and I used an external charger to top it off and maintain for couple of days.
It can be a placebo effect, but it seems to me that engine idle speed is more consistent after I did this - it is about 800 RPM and varies ever slightly. Idle engine vibrations seems diminished as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts