Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im looking to get a pully kit. Evertime I come accross a new brand i see different numbers on how much hp they free to your wheels. So what are the real dyno #'s. Does the brand actually matter. unorthadox racing claims 6-10 hp gain. Focus sport claims 3-5 Hp. Esslinger 8-10 and I Havent seen a dyno for focus central yet tho...What are the right numbers. And can you feel a noticable difference from them.

[scratch]

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I have dyno'd several pulley kits. No one is any better than another. They are all very close in size and weight.

The AFX is said to be the smallest in diameter but have never seen the proof. Its possible of course.

Basically, get the kit that you like and can afford.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Focal, what kind of results did you find (marginal power gains, build quality, etc)? They all pretty much cost the same, so I'll consider all of them. While smallest diameter is nice, it also means the accessories are underdriven more...which I might not like for the alternator's sake in traffic. Either way, I'm interested to see what they actually do. At this point I'm thinking of going with the FC because I can get it in black (looks closest to stock) and you can use the sock belt

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
the afx crank is smaller than the focus central i know for sure.

essveetee just some personal feedback for ya, i have 4g wiring and a 1000+ watt amp running with my UDP and have never had any problem. the only problems i ever had is the water pump pulley bolts came loose once with the FC pulleys and i almost lost the whole pulley and i overheated with it once when it was 90+ degrees outside and my a/c was on. no problems as of yet with the AFX the only downfall i can think of is when it comes time to need a new belt, but they give u a little box type thing with the names and part #s from three manufacturers so u can get the right belt.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I didn't have any problems with the alternator and my system but I did have almost no A/C when at idle and with the black car, it sucked. I installed the UDP on my old one and then removed it and sold it for this reason.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
a difference as far as??

it wakes the engine up a lil. nice makin a lil more power thru out the whole power band. my lights dim more now with the udp on, the a/c isnt as bad with the afx as it was with the fc, i think thats all due to the larger water pump pulley.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
pullys are supposed to add about 5 hp but im sure they only add like 3??? i heard they do do all that much. that just what i heard. id would probably save your money. imo

·
Registered
697 Posts
focal tech do you remember or have dyno'd a esslinger kit? if so whats the numbers?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
essveetee said:
So the FC kit is not as streetable as the others on the market?
i dont know if id go as far as saying its not as streetable. just take the feedback you read into consideration when u buy a udp.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I have the FC 2 pc. No problems. Have had them on for 17,000 miles. As Focaltech said, gains are very similar...get the one you can afford.

·
Registered
793 Posts
anyone have instructions on the install of these kits...afx, FC

·
Registered
565 Posts
did y'all find this difficult to install??

·
Registered
228 Posts
It can be difficult if you don't have the correct tools such as an impact wrench for removal and a torque wrench for installation. It's just time consuming.

·
Registered
565 Posts
aight, thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts