Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had any problems with underdrive pulleys on the svt, I seem to get mixed anwsers. is the underdrive pulley bad/hard on the engine? or dose it just make lights dim and kill the A/C performance. seince the zetecs have little harmonic balncing dose that mean it wont hurt the svt engine?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Are you talking about replacing the stock UDPs with an aftermarket option? I have the 2-Piece C-F-M kit and I noticed more pickup without the A/C on, but didn't notice any changes with the A/C on, still kinda bogs down for me. I haven't had any issues with them and haven't heard any complaints about them being bad or hard on the engine.

If you compare the stock UDPs and an aftermarket light-weight set, there is quite a difference in weight and size. The only thing that changes is the amount of rotating mass the engine has to move to get the car moving.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
I noticed my pocket feeling lighter, and my car not any faster.

or dose it just make lights dim and kill the A/C performance.
Was this while flooring it, because your ecu does that for you.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep the aftermarket ones, i have a local guy with the cfm ones that may sell them

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
The only difference I noticed in my Zetec was throttle response. It spins up to RPM faster. No additional power, but it gets into the power band faster. I installed mine while I was changing my timing belt, so it wasn't like I had to waste any additional time installing them since I had the pulleys off anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts