Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am intrigued about under drive pulleys. I am wondering though has anyone put one in? If so are there any concerns about using them? poor A/C performance, other things? Do you notice a benefit in performance? I notice there are quite a few different ones to choose from? Anyone recommend one? Thanx for all your input!

H

·
0 Posts
This is a custom one being made up by a ZX2 guy, he has shown on the dyno a 5whp increase, not sure on the torque figure, but... looks interesting.

I think it is the smallest UDP available coming in at 75mm diameter. ~ 3"

I am going to test it out.

Group buy for $85 shipped.

http://www.teamzx2.com/index.php?topic=9593.0

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
This topic has been shot, stabbed, drowned, beaten, drawn and quartered, castrated, had it's endtrails ripped out and burned, brought back to life and killed again. LOL Just do a search for "underdrive pulley" and "UDP", that will yield more reading about the UDP than most would care to spend the time on. LOL

I have one and love it, I got the Ford racing (same as Esslinger) crank UDP.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jaykirs said:
This topic has been shot, stabbed, drowned, beaten, drawn and quartered, castrated, had it's endtrails ripped out and burned, brought back to life and killed again. LOL Just do a search for "underdrive pulley" and "UDP", that will yield more reading about the UDP than most would care to spend the time on. LOL

I have one and love it, I got the Ford racing (same as Esslinger) crank UDP.
Alright I'm quite new to the scene, hence my low post count. I didn't realize I was beating a dead horse with this one.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
^^^ It's cool man, wasn't trying to be an ass, just trying to be funny since this topic had come up more times than I can count LOL

You will find that some people believe it is bad for the engine and some that don't. Me personally, I have never heard of an engine failure due to the use of a UDP and have had no issues with mine. I did notice a little gain after the install and I have noticed it is a little easier to take off from a stop with the A/C on too.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
its not hard to get to (just take the tire off), but it can be a pain to get off. I recommend an impact and it will go super easy...should take less than an hour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts