Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im proly going to get some underbody today and was wondering how to install it.... pictures would be nice too.

i am just really afraid of RUST. cause i live in Michigan and the road commission just LOVES salt... but if i HAVE to drill or put a hole in, is there a way to make damn sure that it won't rust? another question WHERE? i am clue less where to mount them... i have an idea for the 4ft ones but the front and back i am clueless. is there anyone out there that has mounted underbody and has pics/advice for me? thx for all the help!

ok one last question...
whats the best possible way to ensure that where i drill WON'T rust?? i was thinking about going to where i got my windows tinted, and having them put it on... but they want $75.. and i only paid $20 for the damn set.. i asked them and they said it wouldn't rust because they use silicon.... how would they use it?? just to see if i can't do it myself

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
for the front and the back tubes.. (im hoping your talking about underbody neon) you can take out the screws in your front cross member or radiator and attach the tube there.. if you look up in there under the bumper youll see what im talking about..

on the back your going to have to zip tie them to the frame under the back bumper.. thats the only safiest way to go. they didnt fall off for me.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
ZTS_Import_Eater said:
my dad works for ford and steals these REALLY nice ones
That's wonderful[?|]

Get yourself a can of POR-15. Follow their application directions verbatim and whatever you paint will NEVER rust.

Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts