Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was looking at some underbody neons. I need to know whats the difference between Neo-Blue BlueLine Series with Built-in Transformers andNeo-Blue Gold Series with Outboard Transformer. Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
639 Posts
get the gold series!! gold series is made better, has a longer warranty (its a lifetime warranty i believe), and they are a lot brighter. one of my friends has the neo-blue blue line series underbody, and another friend has the gold series. you can definetly tell the gold series is brighter

·
Registered
639 Posts
i know that the gold series has a separate transformer. its just a little box about 4 inches by 3 inches that you have to mount in the engine compartment somewhere. this is because the gold series uses a little more power so it need the transformer. no big deal, i saw one focus that mounted it next to the battery on the wheel well. im not sure about the blue line, but im guessing that the transformers are built into the tubes, so you dont have to mount an external one.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have a EUROLITE Performance Neon Under Car Kit and i like it. and theyll replace the bulb if it breaks

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
yeah, another reason to go with the gold series is the lifetime warranty. streetglow will fix it for life, as long as the outer tube doesnt break. but that tube is made out of lexan, very strong. one of my friends had neons on his bronco. he went off roading and mudding and never broke a tube. i also talked to a guy at this car store here, and he said of the 4 years he worked there installing neons, hes never seen one break

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
4 years and not one broken? off roading and never broke a tube?
i am not doubting you, just seeking clarification.

what is the lexan of which you speak? yes, i know i am showing my ignorance.

there is always alot of sand and gravel on the roads in the winter here, i dont see how any glass type meterial could withstand that kind of battering.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well guys,

I got my underbodys. OPTix by streetglow 99.95 from pepboys. Yhey had he L.E.Ds for 179.99 but I didnt feel like spending that much. [confused]

http://optxbystreetglow.com

Now to put them on.........

Next Projects:
1. Spoiler
2. Under The Hood
[:D] The REal Fun!

·
Registered
639 Posts
lexan is a high impact plastic. its the same stuff used to make the headlight assemblies. its way stronger than glass. stuff hitting it like stones or whatever isnt going to break the tube. really the only way to break the lexan would be if you got in an accident, or you smashed it, or kicked it hard, etc..

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
is lexan clear like glass?

if it is, why cant they use it in like winshields to stop chips and cracks?

·
Registered
639 Posts
yeah lexan is a clear plastic. the only reason i could think of why they dont use it in windshields, is because it doesnt shatter. i think thats the whole point of having a glass windshield so it shatters, and not break apart and send large pieces flying around in an accident. thats my guess

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
thank you for the info.
i feel enlightend.... or atleast slightly smarter.

lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Streetglow Gold series is the one to go with, much brighter than blueline series. Got my neons at a reasonable price at Sounddomain.[thumb]

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok guys how do I get this installed is it easy? Is there a tutorial? Or should i go to a professional and if so who? Thanks again!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts