Votes: 11 39.3%
  • HID Conversion Kit

Votes: 17 60.7%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to do something with the lighting of the car. Thinking of getting the $200 LED underbody kit from oznium.com or maybe HID conversion... thinking 6K. I know that installing HID's in a halogen housing is illegal, but are the low beams bright enough to blind oncoming drivers? I rarely use my high beams and never use them with oncoming traffic.

What should I do first? Underbody LED's or HID Conversion

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ive got a HID Conversion kit in my car and have no problems/issues with people when it comes to glare in the eyes.

Just aim them properly and you will be fine.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Pssssssht. If you want a great LED Underbody kit.. look no further than what I have.

Streetglow's 7-Color LED UNderbody kit. Its a bit more expensive than Ozniums, but it does a hell of a lot more. 11 Scanning patterns, one-wire connect system, and you can hook the LED WHeel Well kit into it (which I also have) that gives you total illumination all around the car from ONE controller.... it acts like one big kit.

That would be my recommendation. I say go for it!

And don't let any of the haters call it rice, or a waste, because its not! Its all about what YOU want to do with YOUR car.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
HID's! I think underbody LED's are kinda ghey, but to each their own. I'm more about functionality than show. and yes...HID's do add functionality, the field of view at night is so much better with HID's than regular halogens.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^^^

Very true... but if you are GLOWing strong enough.... You'll be able to see 360 degrees around your car lit up like the 4th of July... not just in front where the HIDs are

heheheh.....

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm not flaming.. just my opinion

HID's = lit up like a car
Underglow LED = lit up like a christmas tree...
IMO
D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Keep in mind that in lots of places it's illegal to drive with an underbody kit powered on.

I vote HID's.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well I know it's illegal to drive around PA with underbody LED's on, and probably the same in MA... I'm leaning more towards HID's I'm just debating on whether of not I want to replace the lights with the halogen's every time i go for inspections...

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Ultimately, its totally your choice.

I'm HOOKED on Glow.... hehe...

·
Registered
387 Posts
I voted LED underbody kit. Only because I think it would be kinda ghey to have HIDs in a stock housing....

·
Registered
580 Posts
HID conversion if you are looking for the more practical mod, better looking and safer ... but if not whatever fits into the plan for your car better

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Gothy said:
I voted LED underbody kit. Only because I think it would be kinda ghey to have HIDs in a stock housing....
Yeah, you're right. Only homosexual people would drive around with HID's in thier stock housings. What a bunch of losers. [rolleyes]

·
Registered
387 Posts
dazada said:
Yeah, you're right. Only homosexual people would drive around with HID's in thier stock housings. What a bunch of losers. [rolleyes]
Um, yeah. It is ghey, and they are losers who do not deserve to live. [:D]

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
SHow some balls. Get the GLOW

hehhee.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I helped a buddy install those a set of the multi-color LED Underbody lights, they arent very bright nor are the colors pure enough for my taste. I have neons on mine and absolutely love them. So I say get neons or HIDs. But if you get HIDs go for Projector headlights, they just make the car that much more awesome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts