Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have a rookie Question. What is overstear and understear because i hear people talke about it when they are decribing handling

·
Registered
515 Posts
Understeer is typical of front-drive cars and is the condition when you go into a turn and the front end of the car "pushes", or rather, when you turn the front wheels the car has a tendancy to go straight instead of turn. Usually results in you hitting the guardrail/wall/another car, etc., head-on.

Oversteer is more typical of rear-drive vehicles and is when you go into a turn and the rear end of the car tends to get "loose" and wants to slide out from under you. This usually ends up in a spin. Do it right and it could become a drifting manuever and you will be worshipped by those around you. [rolleyes]

Robert, it would be nice if you could maybe contribute something besides smartass comments every one in a while. If you didn't know well enough to answer him, then just say so.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Not in this thread, you mean.

Anyway, back on topic please.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
robert if you dont know the answer then dont even post anything. he can ask whatever he wants on the forum... thats why its here. and wiht responses like yours you make people not want to participate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey thanks for the help everyone. now i wont feel like such a *******. not only because i now know what overstear and understear but because i know that i am not afraid to ask stupid questions unlike some people.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.