Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 4-door 2003 Focus SE for my daughter as her first car.
Loud and vibrating like crazy... searching through this forum, realized it must be the motor mounts. Got Ford mounts through a dealer and the car is so different now... smooth as butter, spins like a top!

Found the lower part of front bumper felt flimsy... Inspection revealed there were no plastics under there....
I added the radiator shield along with the 2 vertical deflectors.
Still looking for something that goes between the front of the fender liners to the bumper.
Does the 2003 also have an under engine shield? If so, I will really appreciate if someone can provide me with the part numbers for the fender liner extensions and the under engine shield.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
nothing goes there and there is nothing under the engine either.

·
Registered
945 Posts
On my 2002 wagon there was nothing in those areas you highlighted ahead of the fender liners. You can see the lower radiator shield in the first pic:

Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my 2002 wagon there was nothing in those areas you highlighted ahead of the fender liners. You can see the lower radiator shield in the first pic:

Paul
nothing goes there and there is nothing under the engine either.
Paul and Magus, Thank you!!!
I have been going nuts trying to find the non-part! [headbang]
The bumper corners felt flimsy, and the holes in the fender liner along with the holes in the sheet metal gave me the impression something might be there, to hold the bumper some rigidity.
Is there anything on the inside of the bumper lower corners for that?

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Some say Euro models may use covers under there.

The bumper cover seeming flimsy can be a hidden blessing, it allows the car to tap things pretty hard with the bumper to simply give to warp and then it expands right back into place. Same with back one. I for one like things tight and I went to lookup custom fasteners all over the bumper covers to much more firmly mount them but there is a cost there if you smack something, they tear up easier being more rigid.

My two Foci never had any covers under there either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some say Euro models may use covers under there.

The bumper cover seeming flimsy can be a hidden blessing, it allows the car to tap things pretty hard with the bumper to simply give to warp and then it expands right back into place. Same with back one. I for one like things tight and I went to lookup custom fasteners all over the bumper covers to much more firmly mount them but there is a cost there if you smack something, they tear up easier being more rigid.

My two Foci never had any covers under there either.
There's always a silver lining [thumb]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts