Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of installing an udp on my 2003 svt, but am concerned about the long term effects of not having the dampening effect of the original dampener. Will it effect brngs, crank, etc. Any feedback? thank you

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
get the FC udp. the two piece. your motors not gonna blow up or anything

·
Registered
714 Posts
the FocusSport UDP kit is good too.

·
Registered
958 Posts
i have not heard about catastrophic engine failure due to udp's

·
Registered
53 Posts
Most of the time I would suggest only running a dampened set up but we were forced to run without it and have had no problems. We shift it at 8 grand harmonics so far, not an issue.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Without the harmonic dampening in the stock pulley, the vibrations that normally get taken out of the engine there have to escape elsewhere, which means they go out through the main crank bearings, which will cause the crank bearings to fail before their expected lifetime runs out. And the crank bearings aren't fun to replace...it requires removing the engine and disconnecting the connecting rods from the crankshaft so you can remove the crankshaft. If you don't plan on owning the car past 100,000-120,000 miles its nothing to worry about, but if you plan on keeping it until you drive it into the ground then I'd pass on a UDP.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Use the Esslinger (Ford Racing) one.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have a 2 piece FC set that were supposed to be sold but i have not seen payment in a long time. I have the exact same Focus Central kit on my car and Love them.

·
Registered
557 Posts
WOW, is that all true? I have the FS but i ll take it off if its gonna hurt my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts