Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to find them still? Everywhere is still Zetec and or has made them backordered.

·
Registered
930 Posts
CFM is supposedly investigating making them. This time they will not come apart. Normally I would say do not install one on a duratec, but if you follow their detailed instructions (something I don't believe focus central included with their pulley setup) you should be okay.

In any event, it would still be a good idea to really think about this...cause if you mess it up your engine goes bye bye.

Just so you know: If CFM makes one, I will buy it.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
if your car is a daily driver, its not worth it to get a pulley. it slows everything down alittle close to the "too much" side, better to save your money and get cams or a tune something to add power rather than "free" it up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How can something that speeds up the rpms slow down everything? Everyone I have spoken to said this would be a good upgrade. Now ya'll are saying it would not be?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It underdrives all the accessories.

on a duratec it's a great way to nuke a motor as the install is incredibly easy to screw up.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
u cant find the kit for the duratec because they dont make them and they dont make thim because so far everyone that has tried has like aero sayed nuked the motor. there still inder R&D until thwy can get them to work and not brake everyting all to hell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts