Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was cleaning out my car the other day, I decided to rip out my footwell lighting. All it consisted of was two LED strips that I put in myself a while back. I was looking at the strips wondering what to do when I decided that I wanted to put them under my car, outside right by the door. Not for underglow purposes but so that whenever I opened my door the lights would turn on, just to illuminate the pavement when I got out. I think it would look kind of cool and be something unique. So my main question was how hard would this be to wire into the Dome Light? This seems to be the easiest route because the Dome Light already reacts to the door opening and closing. If someone can tell me how to open the dome light and maybe run the wires behind the headliner that'd be amazing.

Thanks in advance![poke]

Stefan

·
Registered
29 Posts
well personally instead of tearin your headliner out..I would jus run the hot wire to your dome fuse...yea it's not profesional grade instalation but I've done this in other cars and never had a problem..

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would it act the same way?

·
Registered
29 Posts
yea it should still work the same way because you are gettin the power from the same spot jus easier to plug it up that way

1 - 5 of 5 Posts