Focus Fanatics Forum banner

161 - 180 of 708 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
is there any way you can give me the dimensions of those caps...might use them for something else. especially the inner circle diameter. is the bottom rubbery at all? or is it all plastic? thanks.
These are sort of a harder plastic -- similar to what's used on the Focus interior center console, for example . . . not very rubbery, but not brittle, either. I'd probably have to pop them out to get the inner circle diameter -- you might drop them a line at JoeFocus.com to see if they can get the measurements for you.

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

[:(]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's a different sort of mod that costs almost nothing, and yet could save your life. Bet you've never seen anything like this before.....what is it?

Interested? Here's the whole story....try to be careful. [:)]
While this is a novel idea, I can't help but echo those before me, this can be construed as a concealed weapon. If you do not have a permit, prepare yourself for a ride to the local jail, if your car will to be searched. The same thing as far as making a hidden compartment to hide a weapon. It can easily lead to siezure of your ride. This would irrevelant whether you are found gilty or not. Concealed compartments are illegal in many states.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
"Disclaimer.....I would suggest you get a carry permit for this setup." A lot depends on where you do your driving, and the particular state laws. It's a shame honest citizens are prevented by some backward laws from self-defense....while the bad guys do as they please. [rant]

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
I know of three states where you can carry a loaded pistol or revolver concealed in your car without a permit. Alaska, Colorado, and Vermont.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
this thread cant die, its way too inspiring to die...

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I won't let it die! I have LED liscence plate bulbs to post up. I have to say my under $30 mod ballooned because I now have to spend $70 on a new wiring harness from Ford after teh OEM bulb burst and oxidized all the connections in the hatch. The one that works looks great though!

·
Registered
359 Posts
tinted tails - Texas

what about VHT nightshade you taillights --- i would do it but Texas wont let me :(
I'm in DFW, and tinted my tails months ago pretty heavily - have never been stopped - except for two speeding tickets where they didn't care about my tinted tails!

·
Registered
359 Posts
corner guards and paint

I've always assumed the term "clear corners" meant clear lens side marker light assys.....Ebay $20. Here's my HD lip mod also.

Hey bluefront, I've got a question and an idea for ya.
- How long have you had those big corner guards on your car? I saw them in an auto store once and thought of exactly what you did with them, but was afraid they wouldn't last long, bent around the corner like that.
- then - it kinda looks like you already painted part of your lower grill, but did you see this thread by chance? It looks really cool on this other guy's white car, and I did it on my yellow car and love it too:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163678&highlight=white

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Concerning those bumper corner guards......got them at Advance Auto about six months ago on clearance. They are extremely flexible, so they go around bends well. The rears were a problem because the rear bumper is not flat where the things attach. So I added a second layer of double-stick tape on all the outer edges. They've been on over five months without problems.

I've seen that particular way of painting the lower grill before. Not bad.....but I like the way mine looks better, although masking it off was tedious.

This thread is in need of more cheap mods......

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
^^^I've thought about that, but I'm not sure. I've got black headlights now, so the chrome around the grill is about all that's left. If I can get a cheap grill somewhere, I could try it.

I've also thought about painting the mirror caps white. There are a few cars I've seen here with white mirror caps. That might be an easy/cheap mod, if the caps just pop off the mirror housing. Anybody know for sure?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Here's a totally free mod......just takes some time. It's a lateral (Side-to-Side) adjustment mod for the headlights. My 06 has only an up/down adjuster. Makes aligning the headlights easier/possible. I haven't had to do this with my new headlights, since they were aligned almost perfectly when I got them. Other people aren't so lucky. Here's the link.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Paid $20 for BNIB ford triptunes off ebay, $7.97 for the antenna adapter, voila, no more wireless fm modulator and a wonderful sound from my mp3 player.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
^^^^Those bumper corner guards in the photo. I have been unable to find those exact models on-line, but Here's a set that looks very similar, for $19. Like I said, it might be difficult to get these to stick well on the rear, because of the Focus bumper. But is is possible. One small screw on the very end would be a last resort and almost invisible if painted black.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
is it actually affective? it just seems like it will only protect you if your hit at that height level....anything above or below will still hit

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Well the things are the widest part of the car now.....and stick the furthest out in the front and rear. My late Sentra was scraped in parking lots (on the rear) at that exact spot at least four different times. I was constantly having to repair the bumper (paint jobs).

Hopefully these things will do as they should.....protect the bumper from minor impacts. I bought five packages of the things when they were on clearance...$2 ea. So I'm set for life with bumper guards......[cool]

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I think this fits in the cheap mods listing.... a Dash-mat for about $30. I covered the underside with "roofer's tape" and felt to make it heavier, and to block some engine noise. Works....

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I've got this feeling we'll have a bunch of freezing rain tonight. I'm ready for it though. I left the wiper arms in the up position so they don't freeze...and I put on my windshield cover from Walmart. $17. This is the medium width size.....fits pretty good. It has two enclosed magnets on the top....holds tight around the antenna. And it straps around the mirror pods. Bring on the ice....[:)]

·
Wales!!
10,218 Posts
i wont say its a mod but how about a dash and airbag for it for $30?? i got it to do a custom 2 tone paint job. flat black and maybe black/dark grey??? im still thinking.
i also got roush door sills for $30 from Roush.

161 - 180 of 708 Posts