Focus Fanatics Forum banner

141 - 160 of 708 Posts

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
^Thats a good idea. I didn't know those things were that cheap.

·
Registered
100 Posts
im blacking out my headlights right now...only thing you gotta buy are paint (im using semi gloss) and glue. all together less than $10.
also you can clean your headlights/taillights with rubbing alcohol and liquid wax.
and like everyone probobly said:
clean corners, exhaust tip, shift knob, grill, taillight/headlight tint, paint your wheels/caliper, and many more that i cant come up with right now lol

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Howdy All:

1st post. I just removed my lunchbox resonator. It weighed in at just under 10 lbs. I can barely notice the increased tone of my exhaust. I had to turn off the blower on the heater, turn off the radio and open the window to notice the slight difference. The difference in performance is negligable to my butt dyno. I let you know on any MPG changes.

Adios, David
Yea the sound isn't super loud butt it adds a nicer tone. And there is no gain in hp from doing this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
im blacking out my headlights right now...only thing you gotta buy are paint (im using semi gloss) and glue. all together less than $10.
also you can clean your headlights/taillights with rubbing alcohol and liquid wax.
and like everyone probobly said:
clean corners, exhaust tip, shift knob, grill, taillight/headlight tint, paint your wheels/caliper, and many more that i cant come up with right now lol
would you mind elaborating on the clean corners?

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
^I think they meant clear

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I've always assumed the term "clear corners" meant clear lens side marker light assys.....Ebay $20. Here's my HD lip mod also.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
I got some white led 194s laying around. Never thought to use them in license plate lights. I'll do that tomorrow.

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
How bad is the vibration? While idling, my 2.0 is so smooth that sometimes I have to look at the tach just to make sure it's still running.
From what I hear and have felt in others cars that have done this mod the vibration is minimal or none at all..

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Right on. didn't know that. I'll have to make a trip to autozone cause I want to do this.

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
The license plate lights are Festoon bulbs

Well, that sucks. Where were you last week with this mod, NP, when I had to go to Autozone to buy license plate bulbs to replace the one that burnt out? LOL. I'll remember that next time.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Here's a mod you could call a partial "rear seat delete".......I removed the lower rear seat, and replaced it with a thin carpeted pad. This allows you to fold the rear seat-back flat, without the seat bottom folded up and taking up room. <$10.

Link to whole project

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I think someone also did that mod, but a little differently. First take off the rear headrests (if equipped); pull the rear seat upward from where the rear seat meets the back rest (the rear cushions should now be up against the back of the front seats); fold down the rear seat and it should fold flat. Its been a long time since I heard of that so it may be bogus.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
No you're right....the seat bottom does stand up straight when you do that, and the rear seat back then lays flat.

But....the seat bottom takes up a lot of space, and you have to push the front seats forward somewhat.

With my mod you gain extra space for carrying stuff, and the front seats can go all the way back. It works nice...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey everybody -- this is my first mod: Front strut tower caps, $5.75 shipped from www.joefocus.com

BEFORE

AFTER

A definite improvement, IMO -- much cleaner than the exposed nuts on top of the strut towers. Makes for a much more "finished" look under the hood.

Best of all -- it's cheap, too!

[:)]

·
Registered
119 Posts
is there any way you can give me the dimensions of those caps...might use them for something else. especially the inner circle diameter. is the bottom rubbery at all? or is it all plastic? thanks.

141 - 160 of 708 Posts