Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 708 Posts

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Ohhh... yeah that looks illegal :/

So is there anyway that I could cut it off, but still have it extend out the back to the spot where it originally was?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ipod holder DIY...I got this idea from HaveBlue83.

Metal coat hanger FREE
Ipod cable extension 9 bucks at radio shack
Belkin Hard case for 80/160 GB Ipod. $1.00 @The Dollar Tree

Slip the front of the ashtray off. It will look like this. The red is where the coat hanger fits in.

Bend your piece of coat hanger to fit the ashtray/Ipod case. Drill holes in the back of the case so the coat hanger will fit through.

I had to use the 160GB case backing because of the extra space the coat hanger takes up. I also cut a small piece of hanger to put on the bottom to even it all out.( I electrical taped it all so my Ipod won't get scratched up.)

After bending the coat hanger to get it where you want it you will get this....

I like it a lot.[race]

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Okay cool.
I'd like to try it if it is legal in WI.

PLEASE, does anyone know if it is legal to cut it off and then put flex pipe on over it to replace it? THANK YOU.
spyder, yes, it is illegal. messing with exhaust/emissions in any way is illegal.

that being said, it all depends on your state, and how they do the inspections. if they dont see it, they dont know. get me?

now, this thread will help you to understand the removal a bit more:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161654&highlight=lunchbox

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Spyder.....Here's a link to the whole seat-cover project

And.....Here's a link to an on-line source

Lately I've seen the two other color combos at a few Advance Auto stores...the red combo is the best IMO.

More cheap mods....I had my driver seat apart to repair a noise problem. While I was at it, I added a lumbar support pad inside the seat-back. It's just a 12"x12"x1" foam pad in a plastic envelope (to hold it securely). Getting inside the stock seat is not so easy......but the result was worth the effort.

Here's a link to the seat fix/mods

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Hope you guys aren't getting bored with all these cheap mods.....[wave]

Here's an upgrade to your security system, if you have one or not. It's a simple blinking red LED next to your audio unit. Looks impressive at night or in the day-time.....and turns off when the ignition is on.

Here's a how-to on the whole procedure. I have the OEM factory cd changer, but I still don't want my car broken into for any reason. The stock security system will sound an alarm, but only after the car is damaged.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Ashtray to coin holder coversion. Free-$5.

I converted my ashtray into a coin holder. Cut the pop up door off. Leave about half inch of the door so it will stay in the dash and not pull out. Put down some material to prevent change from sliding around. The material is the same stuff people put in their cabinets or kitchen drawers. The svtf doesn't have the coin holder in the dash.

[/IMG]

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
yeah, thats one thing i dont like...no coinholder...i mean, ive got 6 cupholders, but no change spot....always thought that to be a bit strange...no ashtray tho either.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
thatnks, i dont smoke, but just saying i cant even make a coin tray since no ashtray, u know?

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
^mine doesn't have the ashtray, its just a storage compartment. Don't matter I don't smoke in my car, and I use one of the cup holders for change.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Some cheap mods that you've done | Looks and performance

Alright guys. Here's the thing... I'm the typical 16 yr old who's low on cash, and would still like to be able to modify my car. I've been on FF for a little while, and I love it! You guys help me out with everything :]

Now for this thread, I would like everyone to post some of the cheap mods that they've done to their car. I'm talking about some things that you found for a good deal at an auto store or on eBay that turned out really well, or something that you've done on your own with some materials (DIY). I've seen a few similar threads, but they kinda died off and aren't in popular sections. So this one is for everything, you can post any mod you think turned out well and post as many as you want. I really like the ideas you guys come up with :]

Here are some of the cheap things I've done to my car:
Chrome exhaust tip - $10
Blue LED dome light - $10
Blue LED license plate lights - $10
Blue LED shift knob - $10
12" pulsing blue LED - $20
Two 10" blue LED light strips - $20
Clear corners - $20
Aftermarket pedals - $25

I will post pics sometime in the next week when my car is done being serviced.

So heres a recap, please, everyone post your cheap mods that you've done. It can be anywhere from FREE-$50. Then pics along with it always help! By everyone doing this, we can all help each other out and get some nice ideas!

Thanks! [loveff] [ffrocks]

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Tint your tails? K&N filter for sure! Euro grill you can pry find one on here for like 50-60 bucks if you keep an eye out.

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
Yep, no ashtrays after '04. I need to do a mod to the CD storage compartment to make it just a place to put other stuff.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
if you know someone, you can cut ur shifter and re-thread the top so the knob fits back.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Haha man, I know the money issue. Don't minimum wage jobs suck? [:D]

Lets see here though......

White Gauge Face (eBay) $36 shipped
Shift Knob $15
Clear Corners $20
Painted Mirror Caps $25
FF Decal $2.50
Debadge FREE
Shorty Antenna FREE

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Heres mine so far:

Niteshaded Tails
" Corners
" 3rd Brake light - all about 20 bucks (clearcoat as well)
'' Grill lights
Blacked out Ford Emblems front and rear - 5 bucks
Painted interior vent surrounds - 10 bucks
Painted Valve Cover + engine bits - 20 bucks
Steeda Shift Knob - 30 bucks
Roush Pedals on sale - 30 bucks
Debadged - Free
Rear Seat Delete - Free (just took em out)
Semi Shorty antenna - Free

Thats all i can think of for right now

·
Registered
889 Posts
painted vents, mirrors, door handles - interior - $20
wired lock leds - free
shorty antenna - free
home depot lip - $30 (fell off today in the rain so [:)][:)][:)][:)] it )
nightshaded tails and side markers - $10
cut my stock shifter- free, couldnt find the right size thing (can remember the name) to make the right thread so bought another shift knob that doesn't need a thread - $30
ff decals - $6
hyper nokia fogs - $30 shipped
piaa - $65 probably not from very cheap ones :)
painted drums and calipers - $25 for a kit
probably missing something coz im cheap [:D] but cant really think of anything else

81 - 100 of 708 Posts