Focus Fanatics Forum banner

621 - 640 of 708 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
My fiance got it at advance auto. Nothing special lol, just tilt it a little when you install it, they don't like water.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Air intake filter..

.....can't afford a whole new intake right now....but a $26 filter from AutoZone fits right on. leave your stock air snorkel intake pipe to blow some colder air right on it while moving....don't know if it helps with HP but throttle response is definitely improved and sounds cool also.

·
Registered
169 Posts
$10 from a yard sale.

$20 replacement sub. Actually sounds decent!

$5 hood strut from a buick in a junkyard. This is probably my favorite!

And a traction control override switch. Like three bucks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Any ideas for the panels under the wiper arms? Mine are always ashy looking. Two coats of tire wipe doesn't last long. Plasti-dip??

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Picked up a Degas cover from Blue-Balls at Carlisle, $25.

Got these pedals out of my buddies parts car, pretty rare from what I understand.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Ok so I though it would be neat to have a thread dedicated to low cost mods. Anywhere from engine to looks. Only thing is that it has to be $30 or less. It will be neat to have a big thread full of cheap mods so other people can get some ideas. I will start.

First is the "lunchbox" delete
Cost: $15
Time: 30 minutes
Ahh the Rice a Roni quick fix!

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Figured you'd like that, your hose clamps were more creative.

There are some GOOD cheap ideas, like Home Depot/Lowes supplies that can make front lips or scuff plates for the door sills.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Super cheap performance mod for 23er's

For all you 23er's = BSD plug. When you change your oil/filter pull the pan & the balance shafts & plug the oil feed hole w/ a plug & swedge it in. You will find a freer revving motor & now holds 6qtrs & add a FL842 filter too.
This^^^^^^^^[thumb]

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Lol alright, since I have an oil change coming up in about 500 miles, how hard is removing the balance shafts, and where is the hole I need to plug?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Lol alright, since I have an oil change coming up in about 500 miles, how hard is removing the balance shafts, and where is the hole I need to plug?
5 bolts & you have 19lbs in your hand. Then you'll see the oil feed hole that needs to be plugged. There is a bsd plug & egr delete in the bst right now, super cheap.

621 - 640 of 708 Posts