561 - 580 of 708 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
I Made a Rear truck Matte today for me 12 Se Hatch

OEM Cargo Matte $70
My Cargo Matte $10

I call that a win

Made a template and traced it across 6 mattes then cut it out. I position it so that theres a seem right where the back seats go up so If i lift them I just break the two top pieces off and I can still leave the Rear Section in place.

Untitled by theshrewz, on Flickr

·
Registered
40 Posts
"oh nice. look into a cold air intake or cat back yet? the cai does good for gas mileage. and yeah tint is a must"

No cai that will suck up any water or hot air...too many flooded streets here some times in Fla...exhaust down the road when this one rusts out + i like the stock sound with the lunchbox delete.

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts
"oh nice. look into a cold air intake or cat back yet? the cai does good for gas mileage. and yeah tint is a must"

No cai that will suck up any water or hot air...too many flooded streets here some times in Fla...exhaust down the road when this one rusts out + i like the stock sound with the lunchbox delete.
SVT snorkle with a K&N panel filter will give you more gains that any cai, plus it's OEM. I would look into getting that check the BST often for SVT partouts[thumb]

·
Registered
40 Posts
SVT snorkle with a K&N panel filter will give you more gains that any cai, plus it's OEM. I would look into getting that check the BST often for SVT partouts[thumb]
Roger that, already have the drop in K&N..will keep my eyes open for the improved SVT snorkel..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow!! Thats a lot of cheap mods!! Took me like two weeks to get through all the pages but definitely looking at some new mods to try.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I Made a Rear truck Matte today for me 12 Se Hatch

OEM Cargo Matte $70
My Cargo Matte $10

I call that a win

Made a template and traced it across 6 mattes then cut it out. I position it so that theres a seem right where the back seats go up so If i lift them I just break the two top pieces off and I can still leave the Rear Section in place.

Untitled by theshrewz, on Flickr
I'm moving this week. This is an excellent idea. I seen mats like this today and was trying to come up with an excuse to buy them.

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
can someone tell me where this plastidipping can be bought and how many cans does it normally take to do all wheels.Thanks in advance

·
Minty!
6,610 Posts
You can find it at any hardware store. Try Lowes or Home Depot, they are very likely to have it.

I recently did my wheels with 1 can. But it wasn't perfect. I would recommend getting 2 just to make it nice and thick.
For prep, all you have to do is pop off the wheels, clean them with soap and water, and paint. You can mask off the tires. You can paint on them, but it also starts to peel and look bad in time. So i'd get some notecards to sit around the outer ring.
All of this should cost you less than $15

·
Registered
137 Posts
You can find it at any hardware store. Try Lowes or Home Depot, they are very likely to have it.

I recently did my wheels with 1 can. But it wasn't perfect. I would recommend getting 2 just to make it nice and thick.
For prep, all you have to do is pop off the wheels, clean them with soap and water, and paint. You can mask off the tires. You can paint on them, but it also starts to peel and look bad in time. So i'd get some notecards to sit around the outer ring.
All of this should cost you less than $15
Thanks yea i been thinking about doing my wheels and kinda figured to try about 3 cans if i dont use it alll on wheels i can put it aside for something else but thanks for the reply and will go check depot and lowes today

561 - 580 of 708 Posts