Focus Fanatics Forum banner

401 - 420 of 708 Posts

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts
Tymes, that looks sick!!! Gives me inspiration to pull my OEM's out of the closet and try that!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well Thanks guys, if you are going to try this, these are not normal LED strips, these ones have the diodes on the edge of the strip rather then down the center. Not sure who would make them in the US, mine are made here in Canada:

http://www.alpena.ca/Product.aspx?id=1076

·
Registered
172 Posts
How hard is it to pull apart the headlights

·
Registered
483 Posts
If you can get the stupid thing to fit in an oven, they are supposed to be fairly easy, my apartment size oven was about 6 inches too narrow, so I had to use a heat gun, took about 30 mins to get them open, but much longer to reseal them.

I have been told the oven method is preheat the oven to 150, turn it off and then put the headlight in for about 5 mins to soften the sealant, and then do it again to soften the sealant so you can put them back together (or you could clean them up and use new sealant)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds like a pain but I must try this

·
Registered
172 Posts
Those leds look paper thin did they cause problems when sealing?

·
Registered
483 Posts
They are taped to the inside of clear lense, right in the corner, you have to take the chrome/black filler section out just like you are going paint it. It makes it tight when putting the filler piece back in, but it does fit. It is no where near the part that seals the assembly back together.

Oh and these ones I got, you can cut a certain points, to make them the size you need (instruction s on the website)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ok thanks man I am going to try this soon so you might hear from me. I was going to get the halo projectors but your idea is to cool. I gave you a rep point for overall coolness and being helpful thanks again man.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I was thinking of plasti-dipping the headliner trim, but I only found 1 can on my last trip to the states (9 GD stores=1 can, You Yankees are using WAY TOO much plasti-dip). And at $24.99 special ordered here, just not a practical idea.

·
Registered
204 Posts
For the head liner i would recommend using Dupli color vinyl/fabric spray just cuz I can't imagine how plasti dip would hold up on cloth.

·
Registered
483 Posts
too bad you can't order from there. i like them.
If you mean the LEDS, they are available in the US, I found this on the website:

" Focusing on the North American market, we serve both Canadian and American mass merchants, such as Wal-Mart Canada, Canadian Tire, AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, Pep Boys and International customers in Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
"

I've never seen an Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, or a Pep Boys north of the 49, so those have to be American chains that distributed these LEDs.

·
Registered
483 Posts
For the head liner i would recommend using Dupli color vinyl/fabric spray just cuz I can't imagine how plasti dip would hold up on cloth.
Not the headliner itself, the trim, like he dipped. The plastic that covers the nasty cut edges of the headliner. :b

·
Registered
172 Posts
Think I am doing it this weekend seen to remember seeing those leds at autozone around here

401 - 420 of 708 Posts