Focus Fanatics Forum banner

341 - 360 of 708 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Actually they still look good, I really need to wash my car, so havent tested them in high pressure water, when I do wash it, I will probably wash the wheels on low pressure. But I didnt even get as many coats as I would have liked (id say ideally almost a whole can per wheel, it does get a little tiring but it was fun. I dipped my emblems on the back as well and its still holding up well, I had read from someone in a previous post that plastidip is very durable and could last up to like 12 years. Id imagine so considering on the can it shows it being used to coat the handle of some pliers lol. I also did the airbox resonator delete, though I dont notice much difference in sound or performance, considering doing the drop in k&n filter or a cheap cold air intake, not sure which would be the better option, should research I suppose...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Actually they still look good, I really need to wash my car, so havent tested them in high pressure water, when I do wash it, I will probably wash the wheels on low pressure. But I didnt even get as many coats as I would have liked (id say ideally almost a whole can per wheel, it does get a little tiring but it was fun. I dipped my emblems on the back as well and its still holding up well, I had read from someone in a previous post that plastidip is very durable and could last up to like 12 years. Id imagine so considering on the can it shows it being used to coat the handle of some pliers lol. I also did the airbox resonator delete, though I dont notice much difference in sound or performance, considering doing the drop in k&n filter or a cheap cold air intake, not sure which would be the better option, should research I suppose...
What did you use to paint that black on your front bumper? and how did you go about doing it?

·
Registered
483 Posts
@ Timboslice: Coloured lugs are all over EBay if you're looking for some.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
yeah, but i'm not a big fan of online purchases. i'll check it out though. thanks
Every single mod and part on my car was bought online. Well worth doing your home work, you find find way cheaper deals on good quality parts online than you will anywhere. If you do enough research you can get free shipping too.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i bought a set of gold lugs. i put a few on. didn't like the look with the cars color. i paid $45. they are yours for $30 & shipping.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Here's a new one for you all.

What: Modified grill
Cost: $5 for new bulbs (mesh would cost extra if you don't have any scraps on hand)
Time: About a couple hours for the mesh and a couple more for the lights.

I did it in two parts so here's the mesh/ badge delete for the grill.

First cut to help with fitting the new grill material.

I don't really know what the purpose of this is but it had to be cut off. I also painted this area around the hood latch black so it wouldn't stand out so much from behind the grill.

Fitting the new grill.

After cutting out the remaining plastic.

Glued on and painted.

Installed.

And here's the new clear turn signals.

Original grill turn signals.

I used a dremel to cut out the orange plastic reflector. I was expecting to see only black plastic for the turn signal housing but to my surprise, I found this. Before I took this picture, I had already painted the nonsilver part of the inside black.

Lastly, to cover the opening, I used pieces of plastic packaging (the kind you can never open when you buy something from a store) with a layer of window tint spread over it.

The only thing I needed to purchase for this mod was a set of orange bulbs to replace the original white ones.

Here's the finished product.

341 - 360 of 708 Posts