Focus Fanatics Forum banner

301 - 320 of 708 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got two mods for you guys. One is free and the other is under 30 bucks. The first is pulling the old trunk light out and throwin some leds in there. I did blue led strips from wallmart. Turned out great.

The second is putting the old trunk light in the glove box. I got a switch from a 1982 toyota supra from the local wrecker free. Then I made a bracket out of an old dvd case and mounted it in the top of the glove box. I drilled a hole in the top opening of the glove box for the switch. Fit great and works perfect :) I am much happier with that light in there!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm getting so many ideas. [:
Actually about to tint my headlights and tail lights with Night Shades and gonna use some Plastidip on most of the chrome until I have the pocket change to get the real stuff. [:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here's one cheap sound deadening for all those of you who want to remove the rear interior(seats trims and mats) but don't want too much road noise getting in. I didn't do it on my focus yet but did it when i had my stripped down civic, you spray asphalt undercoating on your floor and metal panels where you removed mats and trims, it's not as quiet as with the whole interior in place but it is way better than with nothing in.

·
Registered
915 Posts

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I'm not trying to self promote or anything, but instead of trying to post every single low cost mod that I've done, I figured I'd just give you all a link to everything I'm doing on the car. Take a look if you'd like and see if there are any ideas you could use to get your own projects started. Happy modding. [thumb]

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270140

·
Registered
3 Posts
Newb

I'm a newb to the forums (although I've been lurking as a guest for a few weeks). This thread has some great ideas, I'm planning on doing a few this weekend (noise reduction, HD lip, door sill plates). Keep the cheap mods coming.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
What: Windshield Shade
Cost: About $10 for window tint.
Time: An hour or two. Depending on how good you are with window tint.

I'll drop this in here. I redid my windshield shade and took a couple pictures along the way.

Cut and ready to install. All I used was window tint so I can still easily see stop lights and other high things. My states laws say that you can do anything to the top 6" of the windshield.

Installed. I used a hair dryer when laying the tint so it came out much better than the first one I did: no more ripples.

And outdoors.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
What: Air intake scoop (on Svt)
Cost: I happened to have the material on hand so I can't really say, but all you need to buy is some hard plastic.
Time: An hour or two. Most of my time was spent in designing and fitting it properly so it can be done quickly if you have a good plan to start with.

And here's one more. I don't know if it's in here yet or not but here it is:

A while back, I stumbled across a thread were members of this forum had done similar work for their air intakes. I have long since lost that thread but here is what I did for mine.

The portion that I cut out of the plastic shroud over the grill.

The scoop and shark fin for a lack of a better word was cut out of hard plastic and glued into place.

The scoop sitting in the car.

Everything back into place.

And a view from the grill.

301 - 320 of 708 Posts