Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 708 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I though it would be neat to have a thread dedicated to low cost mods. Anywhere from engine to looks. Only thing is that it has to be $30 or less. It will be neat to have a big thread full of cheap mods so other people can get some ideas. I will start.

First is the "lunchbox" delete
Cost: $15
Time: 30 minutes

Second it my switch panel for subs and parking brake bypass(so I can watch videos with car in motion)
Cost: $25
Time: 45 minutes(Not counting paint drying)

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Too bad, but your lunch-box mod is illegal in this state (won't pass inspection) because it uses a flex pipe.

I did a bunch of cheap mods this summer......this picture shows three. A seat cover from Advanced Auto $19. A floor mat from Home depot $2 ea. And a custom sill plate from Home Depot made out of a rubber stair tread $2 per door.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice dude I like the rubber sill plate. Gonna give it a try. And good thing I don't live in Missouri, but it is only temp until I get my MRBP exhaust.

KEEP THE MODS COMING!!!

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Painted Shift Knob
Cost: free (go take some of your lady's fingernail polish and clear coat)

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Wow, what a great idea for a thread!! I like it. Hey, I like that lighted key thing...gonna look more at that. Here are some ideas though....

ST Valve Caps
20 Bucks, 1 minute

Door Lock LEDs
Free, 20 mins

And these....a set from TFB. they are under 30, for the front, rear, and steering wheels. and we get free shipping and handling with the code 'FRESH' for this month:

I am getting it in 'ST'

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dang you guys keep reminding me of other mods I did. I also did the lighted lock switches. And I like those ST valve stem caps.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
oh snap, remembered another one....this is from cayse's euro car (if u havent seen it, take a look at it in the showcase forum, its sweet.

anyways, see the lighter bezel? im doing that too. ordering this:

will look nice with this (from my car):

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The lighted lighter socket is a good idea too. Try it and post up some pics. I want to see how it will turn out.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
yeah, i intend to do it soon.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice idea on the the stealth CAI. I would still perfer the real deal but it's a nice cheap and effective mod. Keep the ideas coming guys!

1 - 20 of 708 Posts