Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2581 - 2600 of 2607 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
US Embassies are US soil, just like embassies from any country that is physically located in a different country. They're governed by the laws according to the nation they represent, with some respect to the host nation.

Not to mention the irony of how the left complains about the war then complain again about Trump actually making steps to leave the middle east? The same people who want to Blame Isis on Bush when it was Obama that didn't listen to his military advisers about prematurely pulling out of Iraq - and leaving a shit ton of our gear there so isis can use them, and then going back into Afghanistan?

The same people who congratulated Obama on "killing" Osama with a unilateral airstrike in a sovereign nation's soil and then calling in air strikes and SF in Syria (an act of war btw) but condemn Trump on his airstrike against another shit-bag that's related to multiple Iranian sponsored terrorist organizations. Which by the way, if you've been watching the news, the Iranians are celebrating his death and protesting against the current dictatorship. (Soleimani is also linked to the November Iranian massacre, they're also currently jailing protesters, and social media is not allowed in Iran.)

You haven't specified anything that Obama has done different except for the fact that some of his advisers have left; you generalized pretty much everything. You say like Trump is different than any other politician. Clinton, Warren, Sanders, Obama, Trump, Ms New York jihadist? They're all the same. Tell me, how has Trump acted outside the "spirit and letter of the Constitution" versus any other politician we've had lately?

Don't even get me started on our late-local garbage Mike Madigan and Pritzker (who is a democratic Billionaire that removed the toilets out of his multi-million dollar mansion so he can get a tax break and the retards in Chicago still voted for him.)

·
Captain TMI
21,235 Posts
We could go on for hours about this side or that being blamed for the misgivings of the other. That is the game that they play.

I personally pine for the day when our billionaire presidents spoke softly and carried a big stick. When big coal companies hired men with rifles to force people to keep working, but the workers went on strike anyway. The president then forced the coal barons to arbitration by threatening to send the military to work and manage their mines. Today our leaders would prefer to pass laws to discredit long standing apprenticeship programs paid for and staffed by democratic labor unions. The word democratic here refers to members voting on internal issues after debate- not a party. They also have been working very hard to de-fund and cripple public education at the federal level. In TN, my state wants to give me $7k per year to send my special needs child to a private school instead of the $14k that they spend. Raise your hand if you think that taxpayers will ever see a penny of that money..... I'm not seeing any hands. I guess maybe too many people are paying attention to corruption at all levels of our government where tax breaks and increases never seem to benefit the general populace. Maybe benefit some sports arena owner who uses imminent domain laws to bulldoze a community and public funds to build an orgasm complex.

It's too late.

·
Grey Friar
668 Posts
Sadly, I agree, it is too late to really rescue our general populace from the abuses of power and privilege by the very rich, and the undeservedly famous. They "own" a majority of the politicians in congress (both cults), or they ARE one of the people in congress, or WH.

Far too much nit-picking about errors in judgment of past POTUS', and failed or questionable "chess moves" against rival countries and rival foreign leaders. The foxes have been guarding the hen house for a long time, but there is a difference now, and that is there is a wolf eating or threatening to eat many of the foxes who supposedly guard our hen house, so the foxes are doing his bidding. We have an actual dictator, who operates both outside of the Constitution, and outside the bounds of common decency, for the first time in our history. That, and the greed of self-entitlement, are real indications that it's too late.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Have you seen the video of those teenage Democrats trying to rob and then stomping and beating the elderly homeless guy on the subway train in Chicago?...You won't see it on CNN or MSNBC...it doesn't suit their AGENDA...

·
Grey Friar
668 Posts
Just another twisted claim, posted by a dude who can never back up what he posts. Never a link to any stupid claim that he heard one of The Five say... or maybe it was one of Hannity's lies (probably doesn't listen to Limbaugh anymore, now that he's become a lefty-establishment-goon).

·
Registered
95 Posts
I see Buttigieg is on the rise in the Democrat clown show...his experience as a mediocre mayor of the 4th largest city in Indiana is impressive...NOT....He should be auditioning for a part in a Harry Potter movie instead...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm sure a lot of what is said in that 'USA Doll House' article is true (although Chelsea Manning is not a woman)....but human beings have never been perfect and neither is America....but it's still the place where people from every other country want to come to.

·
Grey Friar
668 Posts
Interesting article. I especially like this part:
"Obama and Trump, arch political “enemies,” have made sure that those who reveal the sordid acts of the American murderous state are cruelly punished and silenced.

This is how the system works, and for most Americans, it is not happening. It doesn’t matter. They don’t care, just as they don’t care that Obama backed the 2009 coup d’état in Honduras that has resulted in so many deaths at the hands of U.S trained killers, and then Trump ranted about all these “non-white” people fleeing to the U.S. to escape a hell created by the U.S., as it has been doing throughout Latin America for so long."

That is the kind of thing that jbear, whynotthinkwhynot, and myself referred to (in several posts, in a couple of different threads) when speaking of the travesty of Trump's wall. Is it actually DJT's wall? More likely, he is just another front-man for the behind-the-scenes power structure (promoted by the Gingrich/Bush/Rumsfeld/Koch collaboration and sold to Americans through radio propagandists, headed by Limbaugh, and more currently by TV propagandists on "Fox and Friends").

Anybody who accepts the protection of the GOP machine (as DJT has all along, most notably during the negotiated "Impeachment trial") is not a free-agent and is definitely not draining any swamps. We can see from his criminal manipulations of people and the law, and his constant twisting of facts, that he is not a careful, credible, or sincere man. Moreover, we can see by his self-serving, borderline-traitorous acts, his escape from penalty, and his cynically ridiculous awarding of the country's highest civilian honor to an true scumbag propagandist for the oil-men-power-elite that he has made his "deal with the devil". Trump's no savior of anything, just an arrogant deal maker. The WORST quid pro quo is between DJT (receiving gobs of back-channel taxpayer cash and foreign emoluments) and the GOP's dominant faction that serves the big-oil agenda (anti-environment, anti-change, anti-progress).

Obama was a weak stooge doing the bidding of the industrial/military/media fascist power structure, but Trump has agreed to being their "janitor", trying to discredit the "weakest link" in that power cabal... the media, because the MSM had become too infused with sensible voices and courageously honorable people who grew up during the time of the Kennedy assassination, and the Eisenhower warning, and the oil-men's Vietnam war, and the beginning of the plan to "rule" and fleece America, and to overturn our Constitution and Bill of Rights (as they succeeded in doing with a combination of Citizens United and The Patriot Act). The sad thing is that DJT's supporters believe their hero is doing something to "clean up" government (cynical laugh), when he is actually only padding his pocket while making things worse for everybody, except the super-rich and their lackeys.

·
Registered
15,560 Posts

You on the right are being played by Trump for the non-thinkers you are...............read it, they even tell you themselves. Brad Parscale thinks you are dopes, that he doesn't even have to tell you the truth to get you to do what he wants. Just bombard you with endless lies enough that you begin to think they are true.

·
Registered
15,560 Posts
'...it's still the place where people from every other country want to come to.'

Maybe somebody should check tourism records to see how many foreigners now have declined to come here because they fear the white right turning into crazies now. The tourist numbers are down by thousands.

·
Registered
844 Posts

You on the right are being played by Trump for the non-thinkers you are...............read it, they even tell you themselves. Brad Parscale thinks you are dopes, that he doesn't even have to tell you the truth to get you to do what he wants. Just bombard you with endless lies enough that you begin to think they are true.
That is where you would be incorrect. You're TDS is clouding your otherwise good judgement. I've never liked Trump personally but cannot stand the idea of any of our current Democratic candidates becoming President. Much the way people voted for Trump because they couldn't stand Hillary. Trump was a Democrat for decades but suddenly he runs as a Republican he is garbage.

·
Grey Friar
668 Posts
Too bad the author is not in charge of setting the national and international policy of the GOP. There are many fine conservatives in the country, who care deeply about the Constitution, and its guarantees of freedom of action and speech. Unfortunately for all of us, the GOP is not a conservative group, rather, they are a power cult, currently run by fascists and supported by cynical billionaires, via propagandists.

Even if the fact of "the land of the free, and the home of the brave" is now only an old idea, why would any American want to live like a 3rd-world pigeon? My favorite part of the article, really shows you how these sons-of-frustrated-WWII-losers think, and just how anti-American they are:

"Every presidential campaign sees its share of spin and misdirection, but this year’s contest promises to be different. In conversations with political strategists and other experts, a dystopian picture of the general election comes into view—one shaped by coordinated bot attacks, Potemkin local-news sites, micro-targeted fearmongering, and anonymous mass texting. Both parties will have these tools at their disposal. But in the hands of a president who lies constantly, who traffics in conspiracy theories, and who readily manipulates the levers of government for his own gain, their potential to wreak havoc is enormous.

The Trump campaign is planning to spend more than $1 billion, and it will be aided by a vast coalition of partisan media, outside political groups, and enterprising freelance operatives. These pro-Trump forces are poised to wage what could be the most extensive disinformation campaign in U.S. history. Whether or not it succeeds in reelecting the president, the wreckage it leaves behind could be irreparable.

THE DEATH STAR
The campaign is run from the 14th floor of a gleaming, modern office tower in Rosslyn, Virginia, just outside Washington, D.C. Glass-walled conference rooms look out on the Potomac River. Rows of sleek monitors line the main office space. Unlike the bootstrap operation that first got Trump elected—with its motley band of B-teamers toiling in an unfinished space in Trump Tower—his 2020 enterprise is heavily funded, technologically sophisticated, and staffed with dozens of experienced operatives. One Republican strategist referred to it, admiringly, as 'the Death Star.' "

Nothing but a bunch of worthless marketers and lawyers... twisting truth for a living, and only succeeding in making the entire world a worse place.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I watched Motherless in Brooklyn this weekend. I was struck by a line attributed to Bruce Willis's character. WW2 was a turning point as the politicians realized how much power they could wield and they would never relinquish it. In retrospect the comment was spot on. We have warmongers on.both sides.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I heard a funny one yesterday....and there is a lot of truth to it with all the NEGATIVITY from the left.....Here it is..."Conservatives see the glass as half full....Liberals see the glass as....RACIST"

I have a serious question....If a person is raped or murdered by an illegal who was previously protected by 'sanctuary city' laws...should they (or their family if murdered) be able to sue that city?

It's a simple question so a long 'college professor' diatribe answer isn't necessary...

·
Grey Friar
668 Posts
... I've never liked Trump personally but cannot stand the idea of any of our current Democratic candidates becoming President. Much the way people voted for Trump because they couldn't stand Hillary. Trump was a Democrat for decades but suddenly he runs as a Republican he is garbage.
Most of the Dems running are far more trustworthy and sensible than DJT (most of them are "better people"), more learned and understanding of the plight of Americans and all humanity, too. Several of them have solid ideas, for instance, Bloomberg, Sanders, and Buttigieg all support positive/good things, and all make sense, but some of their messages go beyond what many Americans think they want out of their government. That leaves my current favorite, Amy Klobuchar. She supports many of the things those other three talk about, but she adds a big dose of good-old-fashioned American reality and truth-in-government. She is more of a centrist than a lefty, and understands that corporate excesses and demands for ever-increasing profits (especially by big-pharma) are draining the vitality of the average American, and our country's health as a global economy leader. She also understands that our balance of trade with China is one of our biggest problems, along with environmental degradation. Trump is a worse person and a worse leader than almost all of the Dems running... so I don't understand why you would support "garbage", unless you're thoughts are not your own. But then, I will vote for almost anybody to save the country from DJT.

Edit: Reilly, I also think there may be a legal pathway to sue a sanctuary city for not doing due diligence in vetting the illegals they protect. I believe they should be able to be sued.

2581 - 2600 of 2607 Posts