Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2581 - 2584 of 2584 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
US Embassies are US soil, just like embassies from any country that is physically located in a different country. They're governed by the laws according to the nation they represent, with some respect to the host nation.

Not to mention the irony of how the left complains about the war then complain again about Trump actually making steps to leave the middle east? The same people who want to Blame Isis on Bush when it was Obama that didn't listen to his military advisers about prematurely pulling out of Iraq - and leaving a shit ton of our gear there so isis can use them, and then going back into Afghanistan?

The same people who congratulated Obama on "killing" Osama with a unilateral airstrike in a sovereign nation's soil and then calling in air strikes and SF in Syria (an act of war btw) but condemn Trump on his airstrike against another shit-bag that's related to multiple Iranian sponsored terrorist organizations. Which by the way, if you've been watching the news, the Iranians are celebrating his death and protesting against the current dictatorship. (Soleimani is also linked to the November Iranian massacre, they're also currently jailing protesters, and social media is not allowed in Iran.)

You haven't specified anything that Obama has done different except for the fact that some of his advisers have left; you generalized pretty much everything. You say like Trump is different than any other politician. Clinton, Warren, Sanders, Obama, Trump, Ms New York jihadist? They're all the same. Tell me, how has Trump acted outside the "spirit and letter of the Constitution" versus any other politician we've had lately?

Don't even get me started on our late-local garbage Mike Madigan and Pritzker (who is a democratic Billionaire that removed the toilets out of his multi-million dollar mansion so he can get a tax break and the retards in Chicago still voted for him.)

·
Captain TMI
21,235 Posts
We could go on for hours about this side or that being blamed for the misgivings of the other. That is the game that they play.

I personally pine for the day when our billionaire presidents spoke softly and carried a big stick. When big coal companies hired men with rifles to force people to keep working, but the workers went on strike anyway. The president then forced the coal barons to arbitration by threatening to send the military to work and manage their mines. Today our leaders would prefer to pass laws to discredit long standing apprenticeship programs paid for and staffed by democratic labor unions. The word democratic here refers to members voting on internal issues after debate- not a party. They also have been working very hard to de-fund and cripple public education at the federal level. In TN, my state wants to give me $7k per year to send my special needs child to a private school instead of the $14k that they spend. Raise your hand if you think that taxpayers will ever see a penny of that money..... I'm not seeing any hands. I guess maybe too many people are paying attention to corruption at all levels of our government where tax breaks and increases never seem to benefit the general populace. Maybe benefit some sports arena owner who uses imminent domain laws to bulldoze a community and public funds to build an orgasm complex.

It's too late.

·
Grey Friar
635 Posts
Sadly, I agree, it is too late to really rescue our general populace from the abuses of power and privilege by the very rich, and the undeservedly famous. They "own" a majority of the politicians in congress (both cults), or they ARE one of the people in congress, or WH.

Far too much nit-picking about errors in judgment of past POTUS', and failed or questionable "chess moves" against rival countries and rival foreign leaders. The foxes have been guarding the hen house for a long time, but there is a difference now, and that is there is a wolf eating or threatening to eat many of the foxes who supposedly guard our hen house, so the foxes are doing his bidding. We have an actual dictator, who operates both outside of the Constitution, and outside the bounds of common decency, for the first time in our history. That, and the greed of self-entitlement, are real indications that it's too late.

2581 - 2584 of 2584 Posts