Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2561 - 2580 of 2607 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
The FISA Judges have just spoken out on the CORRUPTION of Comey and his cohorts and yet we have crickets from the Trump haters on this site
....such HYPOCRISY...

·
Grey Friar
668 Posts
I'm sure that the DOJ will pursue anything that they can against Comey, but he's not in power and not a problem for the country or the world... Trump IS. But, I guess for haters like you, who want to see your beloved TV creep get off the hook for his crimes, Comey is another diversion. Try to get on board with reality.

·
Captain TMI
21,235 Posts
USA Today: Deaths in Custody. Sexual Violence. Hunger Strikes. What we uncovered inside ICE facilities across the US

This is not going to be anti-Trump nor pro-Trump. Sorry to disappoint, but there are other larger inherent problems with this, and I'm not about to debate whether or not the current administrations attitude has exacerbated or overblown the issue.

The real problem is right there in the article with this quote: "And Lasalle Corrections, the private company that runs Richwood, issued a statement.... "

I'm sorry if anyone disagrees, but the GOP has been pushing to privatize many civil functions of government for many years to realize this dream of a small government. In reality, it is merely a way for the GOP to support people within the organization who are primed to start up these companies which are then chosen by elected GOP members after legislation making such companies legal appeared. I will also note that I'm positive that Democrats have done the exact same things in states where they control the state legislature. I remember when this stuff became popular, and a time when the government ran prison systems, immigration detention facilities, and civil forfeiture. Now the way things are, depending on what state you live in, you might have no option but to pay a private company to settle a claim with the state after a judge rules against you. The same thing was done with power distribution companies which were once state owned, and are now overwhelmingly private. Some of us might be old enough to remember when there was a massive blackout months after 9/11- originally considered a terrorist action, but ultimately found out to be private energy companies who simply didn't want to disrupt their profits by performing necessary maintenance.

At one time, the taxpayers paid for power distribution systems to be created and maintained in this country. Yet politicians felt that such a vital national security asset should be turned over to their friends instead.

The root of the problem is our election system, and most notably our campaign finance laws that currently allow foreign governments to give as much money as they can to PAC- public action committees. It's a back door for corruption, and the laws allowing it were passed bipartisan. I have noticed that some candidates across the country have started to recognize this as the root of the issue. I also remember a time when politicians were allowed to keep leftover campaign funds as gifts. That ended after the Reagan era- for those of you who didn't know. Since then we've increased the corruption of our elected officials of all cults by allowing corporations and foreign governments to enter the process uninhibited. As long as the person we want is elected- it's all ok.... or is it?

Are we not selling out our own system of a democratic republic for the sake of elected officials profiting after leaving office? Why should it not be that any wealth offered by lobbyists, and then taken by officials be considered treason against the USA? Why are prison and civil forfeiture corporations required to be 501c? (non-profit charity corporation) Why are our ICE detention centers more like prisons than camps? It seems like we treated Japanese Americans better during WWII than we treat people fleeing the Russian takeover of Venezuela and Guatemala. ICE detention could be self supporting. Instead of prison for families, think of leftover FEMA trailers which are usually sold or stored until they become scrap, being parked in a government facility. While there detainees are given plans, tools, leadership, and materials to built housing throughout the property. Each domicile will be fitted with renewable energy that can then be sold to the local power company, and eventually pay for the facility and electricity. It doesn't have to be jail. Detainees could also be taught English and how to survive in a 1st world country, how to get birth control- etc- because in the 3rd world it's advantageous to have more children to help farm, but in the 1st world children are a financial liability. That has to be better than jailing people, and then chucking them out on the street.

Don't just sit back. Fight the power. They have been fighting against us for a very long time, and we just take it. There is no need in today's digital world for us to pay a private company to settle up with a state court fine. There is no need for us to pay a private company to disperse child care payments. There are many men in jail today in my state as a result of clerical errors by private childcare disbursement corporations, and believe me, they don't get to sue the people who "accidentally" put them in jail and caused them lawyer fees. Just because you might think that this sort of stuff doesn't affect you, so you don't need to consider it- doesn't mean it won't ever affect you. Fight back before it does.

·
Registered
785 Posts
USA Today: Deaths in Custody. Sexual Violence. Hunger Strikes. What we uncovered inside ICE facilities across the US

This is not going to be anti-Trump nor pro-Trump. Sorry to disappoint, but there are other larger inherent problems with this, and I'm not about to debate whether or not the current administrations attitude has exacerbated or overblown the issue.

The real problem is right there in the article with this quote: "And Lasalle Corrections, the private company that runs Richwood, issued a statement.... "

I'm sorry if anyone disagrees, but the GOP has been pushing to privatize many civil functions of government for many years to realize this dream of a small government. In reality, it is merely a way for the GOP to support people within the organization who are primed to start up these companies which are then chosen by elected GOP members after legislation making such companies legal appeared. I will also note that I'm positive that Democrats have done the exact same things in states where they control the state legislature. I remember when this stuff became popular, and a time when the government ran prison systems, immigration detention facilities, and civil forfeiture. Now the way things are, depending on what state you live in, you might have no option but to pay a private company to settle a claim with the state after a judge rules against you. The same thing was done with power distribution companies which were once state owned, and are now overwhelmingly private. Some of us might be old enough to remember when there was a massive blackout months after 9/11- originally considered a terrorist action, but ultimately found out to be private energy companies who simply didn't want to disrupt their profits by performing necessary maintenance.

At one time, the taxpayers paid for power distribution systems to be created and maintained in this country. Yet politicians felt that such a vital national security asset should be turned over to their friends instead.

The root of the problem is our election system, and most notably our campaign finance laws that currently allow foreign governments to give as much money as they can to PAC- public action committees. It's a back door for corruption, and the laws allowing it were passed bipartisan. I have noticed that some candidates across the country have started to recognize this as the root of the issue. I also remember a time when politicians were allowed to keep leftover campaign funds as gifts. That ended after the Reagan era- for those of you who didn't know. Since then we've increased the corruption of our elected officials of all cults by allowing corporations and foreign governments to enter the process uninhibited. As long as the person we want is elected- it's all ok.... or is it?

Are we not selling out our own system of a democratic republic for the sake of elected officials profiting after leaving office? Why should it not be that any wealth offered by lobbyists, and then taken by officials be considered treason against the USA? Why are prison and civil forfeiture corporations required to be 501c? (non-profit charity corporation) Why are our ICE detention centers more like prisons than camps? It seems like we treated Japanese Americans better during WWII than we treat people fleeing the Russian takeover of Venezuela and Guatemala. ICE detention could be self supporting. Instead of prison for families, think of leftover FEMA trailers which are usually sold or stored until they become scrap, being parked in a government facility. While there detainees are given plans, tools, leadership, and materials to built housing throughout the property. Each domicile will be fitted with renewable energy that can then be sold to the local power company, and eventually pay for the facility and electricity. It doesn't have to be jail. Detainees could also be taught English and how to survive in a 1st world country, how to get birth control- etc- because in the 3rd world it's advantageous to have more children to help farm, but in the 1st world children are a financial liability. That has to be better than jailing people, and then chucking them out on the street.

Don't just sit back. Fight the power. They have been fighting against us for a very long time, and we just take it. There is no need in today's digital world for us to pay a private company to settle up with a state court fine. There is no need for us to pay a private company to disperse child care payments. There are many men in jail today in my state as a result of clerical errors by private childcare disbursement corporations, and believe me, they don't get to sue the people who "accidentally" put them in jail and caused them lawyer fees. Just because you might think that this sort of stuff doesn't affect you, so you don't need to consider it- doesn't mean it won't ever affect you. Fight back before it does.
Good post. I read a great article in one of the car magazines it was about Chicago impounding people's cars left and right. The impound lot was huge beyond belief. This is the stuff we can fix if we work together.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Grey Friar
668 Posts
Agree, great post... the privatization of government services that we once paid for with our taxes is a current-day pork barrel scheme that both cults have engaged in, but the biggest proponents of are the neo-con GOP. Many outsourced jobs go to foreign countries, something that became a business-model under Bush, and DJT just made easier.

·
Captain TMI
21,235 Posts
I'm all for accountability and the responsibility that is part of it. We've all watched what has been happening with respect to elected officials and big business owners whose policies have lead to the death of Americans with little or no respite from our justice system. Don Blankenship ran for public office- senate- after being jailed and fined for disregarding mining safety regulations that led to the death of 43 Americans. Yet he was not charged for his role in causing those deaths- I see 43 accounts of negligent homicide. He should still be in jail, and not running for public office. BP's policies that led to the death of 11 people on the Deep Water Horizon brought no criminal charges for the people responsible for not replacing the emergency well cutoff. American life is worth nothing when it's the actions or inaction of a prominent American who takes it. This must change. The rich and powerful should not be above the law.

It is most certainly up to us to take back our country back.

The privatization craze is nothing more than both parties working together to ensure that they do less for constituents in the future, and can focus more on re-election for the sake of the party.

·
Captain TMI
21,235 Posts
Election officials learn military mindset ahead of 2020 vote

What struck me as odd was that there were only 24 states attending the conference. You don't have to read far to verify that, and I don't think you have to be a genius to understand why less than half of our states are concerned about cyber attacks ahead of 2020. I'd like to see the list of who attended, and who ignored the call to arms.

It should have been alarming enough during the mid-term elections when the appointed head of the election commission for the state of GA refused to step down while running for senate. Then there were extreme lines, numbers of people being turned away before they had a chance to vote, and the close election. There were plenty of red flags- all ignored to support the winning party. Party before country defined. Party before country allowed by law.

It seems as if there is no nefarious behavior that we cannot overlook for the sake of party. Look at how McConnell and Grahm have bragged on television about how they would not be impartial in the Senate trial of Donald Trump. If they were waiting to be selected for a jury in a trial in any state, they would be disqualified. There is no such method of jury selection for a senate trial, so party over country wins.

A Republican senate investigation into election interference by Russia confirmed what our intelligence services had known- that Russia actively interfered with our elections and took an active part in inflaming our social issues in order to divide the nation and quash moderate thinking. Russia was involved in inflaming and militarizing the BLM movement. After Russian trolls target black Americans- one city fights back. Most notably Russia was involved in inspiring a near riot through Facebook by bringing together Muslims and Anti-Muslims in Texas as detailed in A Russian FB page organized a protest. A different Russian page launched the counter-protest. Russia is our enemy here at home, and around the world. Yet we the people sit back on our hands and allow it to be ok when our Executive branch drags its feet in imposing sanctions while half of American cheers the President on for this behavior- Trump delays signing, then delays activating sanctions on Russia. Party over country accepted. No wonder they are surprised that half the country would want them punished for these actions.

The USA has twice the military capability of the next 15 countries combined on the list. It's not even close. The only way Russia, China, North Korea, and Iran can win against us is to have us fight ourselves first. Otherwise there is always the chance that our forces could intervene anywhere in the world. Party over country insures that they win. I don't care if someone is a Trump supporter because he paid them off with tax breaks. I don't care if someone is a Trump supporter because he's bolstering the immigration system. I don't even care if someone is a Trump supporter because they feel sorry for him. Just don't let supporting Trump lead to denial of Russian interference in American issues and our election system. Never support party over country.

·
Grey Friar
668 Posts
"I'm a Republican", "I'm a Democrat"... the idiocy of personal identity being reduced to a POLITICAL PARTY. That's what we get for allowing hostile foreign countries run by dictators to participate in OUR freedom of speech. They fear it, so they want to see it destroyed. PC half-truths feed right into it, but the worst thing we do to ourselves and our right to free speech is buying into the garbage that comes out of the propagandists who promote those parties, regardless of whether their person running is a dummy, vs a scholar (i.e. Bush vs Gore). The cultism and idol worship that reins in America, is destroying everything worth a damn. Advertisers and marketers, preachers espousing anti-Christ messages, Citizens United, and the radio/TV propagandists pushing us-vs-them lines of BS, are as much to blame as foreign adversaries. The worst kind of criminals are running our country now, and they have padded themselves in place. Trump is not cleaning house, he's just adding his own criminal element to the mix.

·
Grey Friar
668 Posts
Here's a couple of stories about what we have done by allowing corporate shills and the Buch's/Koch Bros' paid propagandists (the Limbaughs and Hannitys of the world) to spread their lies and half-truths about Global Warming and its causes. Denial is a survival mechanism that they turned into a mental illness for many naïve, gullible, and ignorant people. Their lies put words to the old tunes of "selfish entitlement", and "economic fear" to keep people from demanding the kinds of changes that would allow them to live a full life (back when all that meant was we had to cut back on travelling long distances, live closer to work, stop demanding more of everything [i.e. bigger SUVs, McMansions, and more kids to fill them], and start conserving resources).

Sadly, now more changes are required than would have been necessary if not for those liars and political cultism. There is still time to slow down the decay and loss of our way of life, but not without serious changes. Below, a couple of signs of hope, perhaps.

·
Grey Friar
668 Posts
[This could have gone in the "Impeachment" thread, just as easily.] In addition to the above listed environmental conditions and nightmares that are upon us and getting worse, there is a new war about to happen. The Iranian general Soleimani was targeted and killed by one of our drones. Ex-CIA boss: "There will be dead Americans" after Iran general killed

This was an act that both the Bush and Obama administrations would not do. Was it a good idea? If you are hoping to ignite the mid-east religious/ethnic/resource tensions into all out warfare, that will certainly help. The reason it wasn't done before is that we are already broke, fighting the relative "skirmishes" we're currently entangled with, but soon may have to contend with Iran, Russia, and other proxies, as well as the Taliban, ISIS, and the proxies already endlessly fighting. Leave it to the idiot populist POTUS to give the go-ahead on an assassination of a Iranian general. I expect the gullible evangelicals and white supremacists won't be "happy" with their support of the fool, when their kids are drafted into the military.

·
Registered
472 Posts
This was an act that both the Bush and Obama administrations would not do. Was it a good idea? If you are hoping to ignite the mid-east religious/ethnic/resource tensions into all out warfare, that will certainly help. The reason it wasn't done before is that we are already broke, fighting the relative "skirmishes" we're currently entangled with, but soon may have to contend with Iran, Russia, and other proxies, as well as the Taliban, ISIS, and the proxies already endlessly fighting. Leave it to the idiot populist POTUS to give the go-ahead on an assassination of a Iranian general. I expect the gullible evangelicals and white supremacists won't be "happy" with their support of the fool, when their kids are drafted into the military.
If you've ever been in the military, which I doubt you were, you'd see how many white people are in it already.

[This could have gone in the "Impeachment" thread, just as easily.] In addition to the above listed environmental conditions and nightmares that are upon us and getting worse, there is a new war about to happen. The Iranian general Soleimani was targeted and killed by one of our drones. Ex-CIA boss: "There will be dead Americans" after Iran general killed
There has been Americans killed before the strike on the Iranian General and there still will be Americans kill after. You must have missed the sentence in the article: '"Soleimani was an evil genius, he had a lot of American blood on his hands," Morell said.' But amusing you target Trump specifically for the attack on the embassy and Iran's possible counter (in which they can and will target civilians,) but you won't blame Iran for their actions. Amazing, I guess people nowadays don't put the blame where it belongs.

But it's okay, just let the Iranian backed militia and protesters keep destroying the embassy without any harm. Next time let them protest on your front door so we can laugh at you.

·
Grey Friar
668 Posts
If you've ever been in the military, which I doubt you were, you'd see how many white people are in it already.
I was in a war before you were born, and you missed the point completely... judging from your post, it seems you do that a lot.

There has been Americans killed before the strike on the Iranian General and there still will be Americans kill after. You must have missed the sentence in the article: '"Soleimani was an evil genius, he had a lot of American blood on his hands," Morell said.' But amusing you target Trump specifically for the attack on the embassy and Iran's possible counter (in which they can and will target civilians,) but you won't blame Iran for their actions. Amazing, I guess people nowadays don't put the blame where it belongs.

But it's okay, just let the Iranian backed militia and protesters keep destroying the embassy without any harm. Next time let them protest on your front door so we can laugh at you.
What are you even talking about??? Are you aware we have a garrison of Marines stationed inside our embassy compound.in Iraq? If anybody actually attacks any embassy with a big enough force to destroy it, the guarding force will fight back. Also, we don't kill protesters for simply protesting... foreign or domestic... that would be murder.

Here's the point: the Iranians don't have an occupying force in Canada, we have an occupying force in Iraq. Iraq shares a border with Iran, just like Canada shares a border with US. What do you think we'd be doing, as a country, if Iran (or any other enemy country) were occupying Canada? What do you expect we'd do if they assassinated one of our military and intelligence leaders? We're not the victims in this. Our oil men aren't the victims in this. Our bankers aren't the victims in this. We are the aggressors. We are the attackers. And now we are the assassinators.

When Bin Laden was assassinated, it was fair, we took retribution on him... paid him back for killing Americans on American soil. But this guy's activities all took place in and around his own country. He was not a direct threat to the USA, only a threat to the goals of our oil-men and bankers, and some of Israel's plans. Sending a drone to assassinate anybody who disagrees with US foreign policy is insane, and an international crime... murder.

I anticipate what you must be thinking right now... "You love Iran", "You hate the USA", "Why don't you go move to Iran, if you love them so much". But understanding that DJT just committed an international crime has nothing to do with my feelings about our country. Rather, it's about a desperate egoist bully, trying to do something dramatic because he has Impeachment hanging over his criminal head.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'm okay with killing bad people. Will the world be a better place with this guy dead?
We don't have the information that they have not even a micro percent of it.
Of course I'm a very firm believer in the death penalty and I believe people who do very bad things should be executed. Somehow I believe this guy has probably done some very bad things.

Let's see how this plays out in the long run.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I was in a war before you were born, and you missed the point completely... judging from your post, it seems you do that a lot.

What are you even talking about??? Are you aware we have a garrison of Marines stationed inside our embassy compound.in Iraq? If anybody actually attacks any embassy with a big enough force to destroy it, the guarding force will fight back. Also, we don't kill protesters for simply protesting... foreign or domestic... that would be murder.
Yea, it's called Embassy Duty, and while I was never on embassy duty myself, plenty of my instructors were. If you looked at the photos, the protests were anything but peaceful. The first headlines I've read of the attack was "protest breaches gates of US Embassy in Baghdad." Yea, that's a great start to a peaceful protest that only withdrew when additional Marines, 82nd airborne, and Apaches were deployed. Sounds like you want another Benghazi or Beirut to happen.

Here's the point: the Iranians don't have an occupying force in Canada, we have an occupying force in Iraq. Iraq shares a border with Iran, just like Canada shares a border with US. What do you think we'd be doing, as a country, if Iran (or any other enemy country) were occupying Canada? What do you expect we'd do if they assassinated one of our military and intelligence leaders? We're not the victims in this. Our oil men aren't the victims in this. Our bankers aren't the victims in this. We are the aggressors. We are the attackers. And now we are the assassinators.

When Bin Laden was assassinated, it was fair, we took retribution on him... paid him back for killing Americans on American soil. But this guy's activities all took place in and around his own country. He was not a direct threat to the USA, only a threat to the goals of our oil-men and bankers, and some of Israel's plans. Sending a drone to assassinate anybody who disagrees with US foreign policy is insane, and an international crime... murder.
Why is Iran-backed militia and protesters there then? What does Iraq have to do with Iran? There's already been a lot of evidence of Iran-backed terrorist groups, military, and weapons used in Iraq and Iran? Why don't they just "stick their nose out of it" if you want the US to keep their nose out of things too?

And are you seriously trying to justify Soleimani supplying terrorist groups and militia with weapons to kill our troops because we were in their neighboring country? Mind you, Iran backs the terrorist groups Hezbollah and Hamas and I'm not even going to attempt to list the attacks they've carried out (ya know, the same terrorist groups that both Clintons criticized too.)

Btw, the unilateral raid on Osama's house in Pakistan without notifying them was also an international war crime, moreso than the drone attack on Soleimani who was in Baghdad backing up the protests.

I anticipate what you must be thinking right now... "You love Iran", "You hate the USA", "Why don't you go move to Iran, if you love them so much". But understanding that DJT just committed an international crime has nothing to do with my feelings about our country. Rather, it's about a desperate egoist bully, trying to do something dramatic because he has Impeachment hanging over his criminal head.
No, it sounds like you're trying to justify the Iranian-backed militia and protests and trying to act as if Soleimani as a guy who deserved to live anyways.

·
Grey Friar
668 Posts
It sounds like you think America should be the head of a global government, perhaps with our current fool running that government. It sounds like you think Iraq is just another territory waiting to be made a US State. If so, you would be in error as badly as our POTUS. Iraq is a foreign country with it's own government and way of life. We are there as much to enrich our oil-men, bankers, arms merchants and other corporate thieves who want to steal from our treasury, as to protect Israel. However, we could have protected Israel from Hussein's abuses from off shore, in support of Israeli firepower. We never needed to invade Iraq, only Afghanistan, since they were in the grip of the Taliban, who were harboring El Qaeda... Bin Laden, before he fled to Pakistan.

Trump originally said he wanted to pull troops out of perpetual mid-east warfare. Oops, he just upped the ante! Killing an individual apart from a declared war, or being responsible for terrorist acts that kill US citizens, regardless of how much that person hates us, is a crime in itself. I don't personally care about the power or political aspiration of Soleimani or his wealth. But I do care about America having international good-will directed toward us. What DJT did doesn't make peace, it simply inflames hatred, and that eventually leads to more war... look at the Israel/Palestinian wars, they've been at it for millennia. A civilized nation that seeks peace doesn't do that. A POTUS who says he stands for wanting to reduce conflict, and then increases it, is untrustworthy (but all rational people already know he is untrustworthy).

You trust an untrustworthy con-man. I do not. I take him as he is, uncaring for the law (national or international), uncaring for the environment, uncaring for military and civilian heroes (unless they declare allegiance to him, personally), uncaring for treaties and agreements, uncaring for education, uncaring for our nation's crumbling infrastructure, uncaring for truth, uncaring for reality. He has continuously demonstrated that he only cares about his own popularity, wealth, and power over others. He clearly doesn't care for the Constitution, our election processes, or even continued Life on the planet.

You, and far too many others, have been duped by the propagandists who sold you on the idea that the only thing important is the US/global economy, and that the only way to protect it is to keeping the oil flowing, even if it only flows for another 10 years (give or take)... and for some mysterious reason, DJT is the only one, the best one, who can "make America great again". Even if it was already great, in spite letting the "foxes rule the hen-house". DJT is the wolf that chases the foxes away, to eat all the hens, eggs, and chicks. Worse than before, not better.

·
Registered
95 Posts
CNN settled with Nick Sandman, the boy from Covington High School whose character they tried to destroy .....I'm sure it cost them millions ...and by the time WAPO, The NY Times and all of the other leftist 'news organizations' settle....this boy will be very wealthy.

It was pretty telling that the media gave a pass to the racist and violent 'Black Hebrew Israelites' and the belligerent, toothless 'Native American elder' and focused blame on a white Christian boy......their DISHONESTY and BIAS is so obvious.....so now they'll pay....

·
Registered
785 Posts
Good I hope he gets paid big time.
Trying to destroy a young person is bullshit.
I'm not conservative or liberal, I'm not Republican or Democrat but it sure does seem people that are very left love to destroy people's lives.

·
Grey Friar
668 Posts
It's not that very left people want to destroy people's lives, it's that they drank too much of the PC Kool-aid. This is a case of Political Correctness gone rabid, via Pop Culture.

The end result of the coverage of a kid "starring down" an American Indian (or is it "native American" or "first arrive-er" or whatever euphemistic naming convention the overly sympathetic PC-purveyors want us to use) is that he got paid for publicly declaring he has "no ill felling against AI people", or any race, and is a "good Christian lad". That's how it works, if anyone is observed doing anything that can be broadly or loosely interpreted as a demonstration of hate or intolerance, and gets called out for it, his/her lawyers only need to make him/her show that the observer was wrong in their assumption... then those assumptions can be labeled as "defamatory" or "liablous" in a lawsuit. Cha-ching!

I suppose the originators of PolCor were taking their lead from the careful way public media, in general, has had to choose their words in publications, to avoid suits (like saying someone is "the alleged killer", even when that killer was caught red-handed with the gun, standing over the victim, and confessed at the scene). Gradually, PopCult additions have expanded the original intent, and flipped it on it's head, inappropriately expanding it into uncontrolled prejudgment of any action that triggers the slightest amount of sympathy on the part of an observer. Current-day proponents of the pop culture version of PolCor expanded it into a universal sympathy for any and every action that could possibly be interpreted as disrespect for anyone that can be interpreted as being a victim. In this case, it was easy for them to characterize the old AI man as a "victim", since all AI people have been victimized for generations by the disingenuous political leaders of European settlers (it's shouldn't be PC to say "white people", since all whites weren't supportive of the abuse of AI people).

I hope they can both get on with their lives, and I hope the rabid PC proponents will learn to back-off their knee-jerk assumptions, at least in public.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Not at all, I don't want the US to be the head honcho of the world. I also hate the fact that when anything bad happens in the world it's always "why doesn't the USA do this or that...". We help, we get blamed, we don't help, we still get blamed. We reduced funding towards the UN and every other nation gets mad, but why are we paying are we even paying more than the next 3 countries combined? Ultimately I'd rather just pull out of being the world's police force and just let every other country handle their own issues but history has a tendency to repeat itself; so what do we do?

I don't like Trump either but he's what we have now and we have to do with what we have. The people that hope he fails don't seem to understand that if he fails, we all fail with him. Us common folks will be the one who gets hit the hardest. But I won't hate him or anyone else for making the decision to get rid of a terrorist. I wasn't an Obama fan either but I won't blame Obama for strikes against targets within Syria either. They had to be done. Same thing with Clinton's Iraq Liberation Act and his air strikes on Iraq in 1998 (which was just so conveniently after his affair with Lewinsky also.) If you're going to blame Trump then you need to blame the whole string of presidents that we have had.

Soleimani was linked to Hamas and Hezbollah. Both are terrorist groups with attacks on US soil, among others. He's the one that gave EFPs to jihad and terrorist groups to use against US forces. I'm glad he's dead - and after the Iranians confirming that it was them that shot down the civilian plane, it seems like Iran's own citizens are revolting too.

·
Grey Friar
668 Posts
What were these attacks on US soil by Hamas and Hezbollah? France, Germany, and Israel are not US states, just allies... not US soil. Where do you get your news?

I'm not and never have been "hoping" DJT fails. Rather, I've been hoping and praying he will find a way to succeed at anything. So far, only miserable failure and ruin (with a few exceptions). Since I'm not in love with him, and I don't drink the kool-aid of any political cult, I am able to perceive his shortcomings, and the horrible decisions his ego problems force him to make. He has shown he is incapable of taking advice from his betters, he has deluded himself into believing he knows how to conduct military strategy better than our country's decorated and battle-tested generals, and other officers and enlisted. He has let go every expert cabinet member he had, and a large number of career government agents, advisers, and economists who disagreed with, or offered alternatives to his poor choices and ignorant mandates. He has sought to destroy our most important citizen protection departments and agencies, by appointing corrupt and inept men and women to head them. His sickness and pettiness has made him undo every one of the few good things Obama's admin was able to enact (actually, every single thing, except the one big thing he claimed he would get rid of). His lawyers are all criminal scumbags, or corrupt political liars and cheats, who are either in prison, or under indictments or subpoenas.

He has no character that includes the little-guy or the middle-guy, he can only do the things that he thinks will make him richer or make him more powerful. He is demonstrably the POTUS with the weakest character, the strongest delusions, the most flaws, the biggest sins, and the poorest judgement, ever. The things he's done well are mostly unintended consequences of his foolish words, driven by backlash against him, or corrections made by others in the field, after the fact. Are you aware that he acts OUTSIDE the spirit and letter of the Constitution more often than within it?

2561 - 2580 of 2607 Posts