Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Vote on your MFT:

• MFT (pre 2.11) w/ problems unresolved

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • MFT (pre 2.11) w/o problems whatsoever

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • MFT (pre 2.11) w/o problems, problems were resolved (hardware)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MFT (updated 2.11) w/ problems unresolved

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • MFT (updated 2.11) w/o problems whatsoever

• MFT (updated 2.11) w/o problems, problems were resolved (hardware)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MFT (updated 2.11) w/o problems, problems were resolved (software)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • MFT (factory 2.11) w/ problems unresolved

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • MFT (factory 2.11) w/o problems whatsoever

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • MFT (factory 2.11) w/o problems, problems were resolved (hardware)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there were other MFT polls out there, but they didn't really address pure numbers or correct options as to the state of MFT.
I wanted to do this poll as a strict baseline for what is out there.

Vote based on your MFT version and whether or not you have problems at all.
Definition of problem is something that affects usage of the system, not a feature that you like or not like.

·
Registered
788 Posts
How could this poll be "unbiased"? Your posts alone indicate that you are disgusted with MFT. Another poll will reveal nothing new.

·
Registered
166 Posts
How about the option, purposely decided to buy a car without it and has no regrets.

Technically this poll is biased towards people who purchased MFT.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The only way this poll can be unbiased is someone comes to this forum, does not read a single post and votes.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
True enough. I voted anyway, for shits and giggles. I for one will continue to support MFT until it fails catastrophically on me. But since I know how to use modern technology and know when to stop poking around, I doubt I'll have any issues anytime soon.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about vote based on your own car or your own mind... How does anyone else's post affect your own factual ownership of the product....

Think for yourself dont be a sheep. Nuff said.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
47 Posts
I recently updated to 2.11 and have only had one issue since, so I hate to say unresolved because they are still rare for me. I did anyway. For what its worth, a service guy called today to followup and told me that a complete revamp is coming in January.

If there had been a "quirky issues only, still like it" I would've voted that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't see an option that fits me. I had 2.11 installed from the factory, but still had problems which for the moment seem to have been fixed by a master reset (so not a hardware issue...not for the moment anyway).

·
Registered
22 Posts
2.11 factory installed. had 1 freeze using steering controls to raise the volume.

was random playing songs from a 32 gig usb stick and i did not realize i had a song on there with no tags. it played the song fine but it messed up the album art. until i played that song everything was displayed fine now it will not display almbum art. going to try and do a reset to see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
2.11 was installed from the factory. Things seemed to work great until my USB full of tagged mp3's was rejected as being an unsupported device. The red quadrant was completely locked up until a master reset and then fuse pull got it working again. I had to pull the fuses twice now so I voted for unresolved problems.

I sure hope the next update has more stability and efficiency to it. When it is working like it has been for the past two days, it's great. When it's not, then [nutkick][nutkick][nutkick]

·
Registered
179 Posts
2.11 was installed from the factory. Things seemed to work great until my USB full of tagged mp3's was rejected as being an unsupported device. The red quadrant was completely locked up until a master reset and then fuse pull got it working again. I had to pull the fuses twice now so I voted for unresolved problems.

I sure hope the next update has more stability and efficiency to it. When it is working like it has been for the past two days, it's great. When it's not, then [nutkick][nutkick][nutkick]
Here's the problem....it doesn't matter what you do do your MP3's because there have been so many posts by different people using different media players, flash drives, iPods, zunes, sony walkman mp3 players etc. Some have used "SyncMyitunes", some have not, some have experienced minor problems with MFT, some, like myself have experienced total failure of the MFT system. The 2.11 update was "nothing more than a stop gap measure" because Ford has yet to pinpoint the actual problems. I'm sorry, but "pulling the fuse(s) every few hours of driving time to un-freeze the system is not my idea of "happy ownership." I use my vehicle to earn a living, I can't rely on my car in it's present state. I won't take co-workers/family members in my car because who wants others to witness a MFT meltdown when you're zipping along the highway at 100 KM per hour and then when the stereo volume goes all the way up to maximum, stays there and the stereo power button become inoperative and you have to have everyone exit the car while you have to become a contortionist to pull the fuses......everyone back in the car now, if you please? Now it's been reported that Ford has issued a "do not replace hardware" directive to dealers and to me, that indicates that again, they still have no idea what the route cause of this mess with the MFT system is and more importantly, how to fix it once and for all. I just received a J.D. Powers survey, boy am I going to be busy filling it out....might as well be thorough on the initial quality survey, as I sure can't go out and enjoy driving the car!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you have to do a master reset or fuse pull to fix something that is a problem...

Unless you think that should be normal operation of a car.

·
Registered
416 Posts
People are giving MFT a super hard time, some justified, some not, but to give it some perspective my wife has equivelent system in her Honda Odyssey and honestly, we never, ever use it. We do all the Navigation manually, but normally my wife doesn't even click 'OK' to the disclaimer and she lets it go dark (unused).

This came to my attention yesterday because the kids were telling her how "dad talks to his car" and she told them she too had it in the van, and she proceeded to demonstrate by saying "turn radio on", which it did, but she admitted that was the only thing she felt would work as expected.

Based on the pockets of issues, I wonder if the problems are result of a "bad" production batch? It would be interesting to see if there was a pattern of where the ones with problems were assembled.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I don't think the fuse pulling problems are black and white. Here's why:

Owner #1: Has a MFT/sync system that requires a fuse pull every 2 hours.
Owner #2: Has a MFT/sync system that requires a fuse pull every day.
Owner #3: Has a MFT/sync system that requires a fuse pull every week.
Owner #4: Has a MFT/sync system that requires a fuse pull every 2 weeks.
Owner #5: Has a MFT/sync system that requires a fuse pull every month.
Owner #6: Has a MFT/sync system that requires a fuse pull every 3 months.
Owner #7: Never has any problems.

Not everyone has to pull fuses every day. Everyone may not be using their system exactly the same but clearly owner #5 is having much less of a problem than owner 1 or 2. I'm currently in the owner #3 category and would be owner 7 if I gave up using my USB ports. I don't think it is that bad to have to reset every week until Ford comes up with a solution to this.

To really make a poll like this accurate you have to define how you use the system in detail. There could be some who don't even use the USB ports because they just listen to Sirius and the regular radio. I currently don't own a cell phone so a phone has never been paired to my car yet. I don't need a cell phone to drive and really have gotten along without one for many years now. Granted, I'm shopping for one right now and will end up getting one, it's not necessary. My dealer was pretty shocked when I told him I didn't have a cell.[ohcrap]

Sure we all want a fully functioning car but apparently Ford is having trouble delivering that right now. If your in the owner #1 or #2 category, then you have every right to complain, but stop gap fixes are better than nothing at this point.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It's the only part of the new Focus I'm not looking forward to. But, since I haven't used it yet, you won't see a vote from me.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I voted for updated to 2.11 w/ unresolved problems. MFT in my car is still slow.
So your unresolved problem is that it's slow? Slow in doing what? Slow in responding to the initial prompt, slow when executing a command, or slow when searching for songs on an external device?

IMO, the system being "slow" doesn't necessitate a system problem because it's most likely not something a service center can directly address. For example, if the slowness is experienced in searching for a song, then several factors come into play such as: how many songs do you have? are ALL the tags cleared up in your music list? The, to me, are user-controlled and cannot addressed by the dealer.

I've been in the IT business for 20+ years and have learned that 80% of the technical problems are user related and I can't help but feel that's the case in a lot of the MFT problems. No offense here to Doug81, but I'd bet over half the issues being accounted to MFT on this poll could be traced back to the owner.

I had issues getting MFT to recognize any contacts in my phonebook, couldn't call anyone via hands-free. Looked all over the FAQ's for both Ford and Samsung...nothing. Then finally yesterday I tried a couple things slightly differently and now everything works fabulously. Was that a problem with the MFT or with me? Definitely me.

Hate sounding like I'm defending MFT because I know it probably has it's issues, but we're not in a 'everything works 100% of the time' world. It's 80-20 at best.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I had issues getting MFT to recognize any contacts in my phonebook, couldn't call anyone via hands-free. Looked all over the FAQ's for both Ford and Samsung...nothing. Then finally yesterday I tried a couple things slightly differently and now everything works fabulously. Was that a problem with the MFT or with me? Definitely me.
Do you mind sharing what you did to get this working?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts