Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well, it is kinda hard to port the runners unless you cut the intake apart. Maybe he really meant he gasket matched? Or maybe I'm missing something too.?
Whatever happened to the porting process where they forced the abrasive putty through the part? This was used on the SVT contour intake if I remember right.

·
Registered
565 Posts
umm...i'll throw down $25 for it, haha

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a 2001, not a 2000, theres really no porting you can dothe runners are pretty thin, i still dont see what he could have possibly have "ported" unless it was for a 65mm tb, in either case theres no way your getting any extra power out of it

·
Registered
894 Posts
Porting still won't put you where just swapping a non ported 00 style on the 01 up's.......waste of money and the time to put it on.........if it was an 00 style I would say heck yeah.........

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Porting already thin plastic?.. kinda scary, stuff. The putty porting stuff is still around, but only a few places do it. It does help though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
yeah it has to be a 2000 style intake to get full effect for what i hear

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
you mean extrude honing. i am a big fan of that stuff! i wish we had metal intakes we could extrude hone!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yeah, Extrude Honing, thanks llama. If I remember correctly they could use that process on anything that flowed air, gas, or liquid (As long as it was metal and not too thin). Seems like the practical application was to port the intake tract as one piece (TB, and manifold), I may even remember the head(s) being attached. It did wonders for turbo housings and impellers too.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
llama_in_a_focus said:
you mean extrude honing. i am a big fan of that stuff! i wish we had metal intakes we could extrude hone!
Not really, have you ever priced extrude honing?

For example, extrude honing a mustang cobra intake upper and lower costs more than the entire intake setup. Prices are outrageous.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've never priced it, but it does allow you to do some unique things without cutting and welding. Also if you race in such a class, it allows you to keep a stock appearance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts