Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had the car for 5 days after finishing all the mods to the car....Yesterday while driving it rather hard but not too hard...shifting at 5k rpms while in third gear...suddenly no power....and a big cloud of white smoke out the back exhaust....limping it back to the dealership...they tore the motor down...thinking maybe I just blew a piston ring only to discover that I did much more damage....I melted the piston in number 2....So now I need to take all the pistons out...have the block machined and new pistons installed with lower compression...I need to machine the head to...its got some burn marks on it as well...any suggestions would be appreciated...

Buying new motor from TOM...
Professionally Ported and Polished
Cylinder Head
Forged Pistons (Compression ratios
from 8.0:1 to 14.0:1)
Forged Eagle "H-Beam" Connecting Rods
New Billet Main caps (Installed bored
and line honed)
New Rod and Main Bearings
New Piston Rings
ARP Head and Main Stud
New Oil Pump (custom work to oil pump
and oil holes in block)
New Timing Belt
New Front and Real Seal
New Gaskets
Balanced Rotating Assembly
Blue Printed Block

Ordered it today....bought his tune as well....

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
What tune was running the car? The factory powerworks? If ur going to build the motor for boost I would sell the powerworks and go turbo. U could could have around 300whp at the boost that u were running supercharged. Mine was cylinder #3.[bawling]

·
Registered
528 Posts
wow thats sucks. I always hear that turbos get you more bang for the buck and in some cases are more reliable seems thats the case. Hope you get the SVTF back on the road soon.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Send a PM to cdsilver02. He has a powerworks svt and has a lot of insight on this.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
One example- the motor could have leaned out while under boost. That why a wideband is so important if u see it leaning out get out of boost immediately. And or a j&s safeguard

·
#MattinglyBuilt
3,111 Posts
Ouch, I feel for you. Hope you can get it all fixed up for a decent cost and time line

·
Registered
668 Posts
Get that fixed yo lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts