Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why did the US get ripped off, or am I missing all these features on the US page?

Take a look at the tech features http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Focus/Technicalhighlights

Lane Departure Warning/Assistance
Adaptive Cruise Control
Blind Spot Radar Sensor
Driver Monitoring (Sleepy)
Traffic Sign Recognition (This Exists?)
Auto High Beam Headlights

All for the same price-ish. If the US Focus had all that I'd go buy one today.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Yeah, they get all the bells and whistles. Apparently Americans don't like their cars driving for them or something.

·
Registered
418 Posts
They gave the US sync and MFT instead.
You can't have everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So they didn't give those, and gave something that doesn't work? (Don't have one, just from what I've read)

·
Registered
747 Posts
The regular Titanium (not the X) in Europe is $30,000 versus $22,700 for the US one. So your answer is that is costs a shitload more.

£ does not equal $

·
Registered
418 Posts
Pound is a strong Currency, and the Brits get Good Pay (If they are employed of course)
Cheap Finance as well.
There are other things that the Europe Model has as standard.
Factory window tints, Nice Exhausts, Cruise Control with Limiter, Metal Clutch Pedal etc,etc
Some models have HID as well.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Why did the US get ripped off, or am I missing all these features on the US page?

Take a look at the tech features http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Focus/Technicalhighlights

Lane Departure Warning/Assistance
Adaptive Cruise Control
Blind Spot Radar Sensor
Driver Monitoring (Sleepy)
Traffic Sign Recognition (This Exists?)
Auto High Beam Headlights

All for the same price-ish. If the US Focus had all that I'd go buy one today.
Hi, all of those are extra's at the moment. Ford have just revamped their range for the UK and will be dropping the titanium x so now there will only be the Titanium with several of its features having been dropped also. No reduction in the price of course.
Gee guys, we aren't responsible for what goes where and we pay just as much, if not more, of our hard-earned money for it.
Chris

·
Registered
292 Posts
Ford US must be concerned about keeping the price down, as the new US car is quite a bit more expensive than the last one (incentives figured in). I'm wondering if the recent 24% year-to-year sales drop was due (in-part) to this? (Perhaps some perceive that it should cost similar to the previous model; of course they are apples/oranges).

Even the US version is amazingly well-equipped (esp. the Titanium).

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
The Focus in the US is part of Ford's attempt to give their customers a premium experience at a low cost, and I think we certainly get that with the Focus. The fact is the "Titanium X" trim would NOT sell here, people looking to spend $30k on a car in the US are looking more into the Fusion and it's competition, not a compact like the Focus. Cool features, and some that Ford employs on it's higher end cars here, but there isn't enough of a market here.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, when the new focus was released to the public over one of its first criticms was the high price, with all of the extras the cost can quite easily exceed £27,000, a huge amount of money for what is a small family car:

Selected options:
Candy Red Metallic £745.00
Hclpur/To Charcoal £0.00
Driver Assistance Pack £750.00
- - Active City Stop, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Aid, Traffic Sign Recognition, Driver Alert, Auto High Beam, Blind Spot Information System
Full Size Spare wheel £75.00
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) £750.00
Appearance Pack - Titanium £525.00
- - Privacy glass (rear of B-Pillar), keyless entry system
Sony DAB Navigation System £750.00
- DAB Audio/Navigation with 9 speakers, Bluetooth, USB, Voice Control, 5'' colour screen
18" Alloy Wheel £400.00
Power Tilt/Slide Sunroof - for 5dr only £575.00
Price Summary
Total price *
£27,570.00

Especially when you take into account I paid £18,000 for my Mk4 Mondeo in 2008, a large family car.
Chris

·
Registered
533 Posts
Pound is a strong Currency, and the Brits get Good Pay (If they are employed of course)
Cheap Finance as well.
There are other things that the Europe Model has as standard.
Factory window tints, Nice Exhausts, Cruise Control with Limiter, Metal Clutch Pedal etc,etc
Some models have HID as well.
Hi, can we keep to the facts please, middle class earners in the UK are losing alot of income due to the 'con'servative's government policies. People are now struggling to make ends meet, the housing market is flat, with prices on the down, cars are being used less frequently due to the exra-ordinary high cost of fuel. In fact figures released suggest that the inland revenue is making less tax than they were a few years ago, when a litre of petrol was around 0.88pence, not the £1.35 average it is now.
Our perception is that your income over there is much better than ours, myths on both sides maybe?
Chris

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Hi, can we keep to the facts please, middle class earners in the UK are losing alot of income due to the 'con'servative's government policies. People are now struggling to make ends meet, the housing market is flat, with prices on the down, cars are being used less frequently due to the exra-ordinary high cost of fuel. In fact figures released suggest that the inland revenue is making less tax than they were a few years ago, when a litre of petrol was around 0.88pence, not the £1.35 average it is now.
Our perception is that your income over there is much better than ours, myths on both sides maybe?
Chris
Maybe we should all move to Qatar...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Do be careful whilst driving your motorcar.
Don't get nicked by the coppers!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Chris
Hi,
I visit the UK from time to time for training.(Multinational company.)
Twice this year alone, Stay at the White Horse Hotel, Hertford near Welwyn Garden City. The people that do the same job as I do in the UK are certainly doing a lot better than I am, they all drive bigger cars and have better houses and earn more money. During my travels I see an affluent society, new cars, nice clothes,nice well maintained houses etc etc.
I based my assumption on these experiences alone.
Currently there are medical proffesionals from South Africa cleaning hotel rooms in the UK just to have a paying job. Things are bad everywhere.
Regards.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, welwyn garden city is an exception to the rule and a very affuent part of the country, the rich in this country have got richer, as that will always happen with a 'con'servertive government. Come down to where I live and you'll meet plenty that can't afford to buy a new car, nice clothes or have well maintained house, and it's in the south east.
Chris

·
Registered
418 Posts
Well I guess SA is out England is out Wales is out
NZ Plays Aus
I guess you won't be rooting for France in the Finals.
Your Focus is better than mine but Mine is not bad at all, That 2.0 GDI NA is actually a nice engine, My wife drives an Astra Turbo and That's also nice.
I steal it from her on weekends.
Regards Joe

·
Registered
55 Posts
gah uk focus only has the hatch available gah i feel sorry for them now.

lol opps nvm I need glasses the website has a seperate entry for the new focus.

and we get better color choices.

lol and the german's already have the smaller 1.6 ecoboost availble.

but ouch does the german one get expensive fast once you start adding option 35,000 euro's and up.

·
Registered
533 Posts

but ouch does the german one get expensive fast once you start adding option 35,000 euro's and up.
Hi, yes we only have the hatch because Ford decided the saloon doesn't sell well enough. You do get a greater choice of both metallic and the Pearlescent colours and, as I said, the car gets very expensive once you load up the extra's. Having said that I only paid £17700 for my TitX with the Candy Red, appearence pack and 18" wheels...
Chris

·
Registered
968 Posts

The base hatchback in Germany is about €18k... which is almost $25k, and that's with the 1.6 gas engine.

Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 20 of 24 Posts