Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I was told I need a new oil pan when I went in to get it changed today. Heres the link to the pics I took

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e165/avengerc4/New oil pan/

Do you think it does need to be changed?!? Are there any better oil pans then fords, or should I just get a ford one? Thanks a lot!
-Joe

·
Registered
92 Posts
Joe, Do you have to replace it due to the rust or the threads on the plug? It doesn't look like it would be too hard to change, are you going to try to do it yourself?

If you get a FoMoCo part number for the pan and the gasket i can check on a price for you thru my Ford parts connection. Let me know what kind of prices you get on the parts thru Ford or whoever you goto. Later...

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Damn, I have never seen an oilpan rust up that bad, especially in a car that's only 3 years old! I would either change it or have it blasted and repaint it. I don't know for sure but you may have to drop the cat to get it off.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
PM sent.........

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
NEXT on Fox.....

"When Oxidation ATTACKS!"

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ lol Thanks matt!! I'll get you for that one ;) jj...thanks all!! I'm gonna get a new one, but since I'm thinking of going fi still, is there a better pan I can get, or is the stock one good?!? Thanks again!!
-Joe
PS: Yah the guy I bought it from lived in Michigan, and I guess drove it every day and whatnot so most of the engine components are preety rusted up. My lower enfgine mount bolt was rusted to the car...that sucked...

PSS: It's just cause it's rusting out not the bolts. So hopefully I can get it done since I suck at labor on cars :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts