Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 4-1 race header and an mbrp caback. as some of you may know, its reeeally loud. i wasnt satisfied with the sound, and on top of that today i got a 70 dollar exhaust ticket. so im a little fed up. if i were to buy a focus sport stealth resonator, and replace my mbrp resonator with it, would i get the full stealth effect? im tired of rice, i miss my mellow mbrp stock header sound. [:(] thanks alot. also, how much of a difference would a high flow cat welded in make? as much as the stealth?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
A race header on ANY exhaust will be loud unless you put a HUGE resonator on and even still, you'll be loud. Hard to get anything close to 'not loud' when you run a race header.

I know exactly what you mean, I got JUST the MBRP, buddy has an OBX race header and the MBRP, completely different sound.... and damn loud.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
I run an OBX 4-2-1 with a SVT Borla...its not that loud. At 3000 RPMs its right on the border of obnoxious, but if I'm not mashing the gas its quite civil.

Adding a highflow cat would probably reduce the sound more than a resonator...I doubt the SVT header would make that big of a difference over what he's running now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here's what I did.
1. Go to meijer and get the longest cherry bomb you can find. It'll cost about 20 bucks. mine was 34 inches I think and it fit perfectly.
2. Have a shop weld it in right after your flexpipe.
3. Never admit that there's a cherry bomb on your car again.
It will still be kind of loud but much, much better. It's worth the money, I promise.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Just do yourself a favor and get the FS Stealth Exhaust. You'll wonder how you lived without it. I had the same problem as you...before I saw the light and switched over.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm but is the fs stealth secret just the resonator or the combination of their res and muffler? cause id rather spend 110 on a res than 400 on another catback

1 - 9 of 9 Posts