Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Due to a snapped weld on my driver's seat shoulder, I had to fully replace it. This happened almost a year ago.

Well, I just managed to replace the seat yesterday, and it's created a whole new problem. The seat I was sold is not a perfect match. The wiring harness on the new seat does not match the old one. The old one was five square plugs arranged in an upside down U. This one is 4 of those 5 plugs, with the 5th one being a little further down and to the right of the old one.

My airbag light is now on, and the dealership tells me I've disabled the airbag and seat belt sensors. I don't mind the sensor, I can disable that anyway to my understanding. The airbag is a bigger problem. I'm trying to get rid of this car, I've had nothing but trouble with it and hate the thing. But I'm not going to be able to trade it in with an irrepairable airbag.

I MIGHT have a solution, the wires from whatever car this seat was removed from were still attached. Does anyone know if it would be possible to change out that wiring harness? The dealership service advisor basically told me they couldn't know without looking at it, and even then weren't sure they'd try it because they don't want to be sued if the airbag doesn't deploy down the road.

I really need some way to to get this car sellable. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It did just occur to me I can use the bottom of the old seat and the back of the new, does anyone know how I'd swap that out?

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
yeah..should be two bolts holding the seat back on the bottom... its a STAR pattern size 13-14 (big)

just unbolt swtich it over and yoy have a proper seat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, thanks! I just talked to an upholstery shop that would do the swap AND move the old upholstery to the new seat for 45-50 bucks. That's worth it to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts