Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, I finally got around to painting my dash and driver's door panel to finish my interior paint. I've had the SEM paint sitting in my car for months now. After seeing the result, I should have done it sooner. Here are some pics I took today:

Yes I know my carpet is extremely dirty, my car is a mess, I'm missing my brake pedal cover, and my hood release piece is sticking out (cuz it's broken), lol. So you all don't need to let me know.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
looks good! what type of paint did you use? and how did you do it?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SEM Color Coat Landau Black and Silver for the other pieces. I just taped off the upper portion of the dash and sprayed away, lol. I removed all the door panels and lower sections of the B-pillars to paint those. I can't wait to get my black and gray seat covers to finish up the interior!

·
Made In The USA
2,010 Posts
looks good [thumb]
Two tone dashes look sweet, I want to do mine two tone but still havnt chosen the colors yet.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Looks good, I just did the exact same thing a couple weeks ago except I did my hvac surrounds in black, just because my car is white and I don't like white inside of a car. The silver looks nice thoug, almost like a brushed aluminum look.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
i like how it turned out. very clean.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not as clean as I would like [mecry]. I can't wait to get home for Thanksgiving break so I can give the entire car a thorough cleaning.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I like the contrast, I was wondering about doing this myself. I like to see at least one other person on here has the same radio surround as myself. Ours has that nice slot under the HU that you can actually put something usefull in. I see alot of people with those other kinds that has the skinny slot.
You are going to paint those kick panels arent you?
How do you think instead of painting the entire door that just the window control and door handle loop being painted would look?

·
Wales!!
10,218 Posts
thats nice, good work. im in the process of painting my spare dash, however mine is going to take all winter to finish. flat black on the top and haven't decided on the lower half color yet, i just know its going to be dark color. the reason why mine is going to take so long is because im going to smooth it all down to get rid of the wrinkles and also have class and work.
once i get a bit more done il make a thread about it. sorry to hijack your thread.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
You should go back in and do the radio bezel in gloss black for pure sechs.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are going to paint those kick panels arent you?
How do you think instead of painting the entire door that just the window control and door handle loop being painted would look?
I wasn't planning on painting the kick panels. I feel like they will just be something I have to touch up over and over again if they are painted. I may paint them in the future, but I like how the black stops at the bottom of the dash.

As for the window control and door handle loop... I've seen it done and I personally don't like it, but do what you think looks good.

You should go back in and do the radio bezel in gloss black for pure sechs.
The interior is a satin black and silver, I feel like the gloss black would just stand out too much. The blacks now are almost identical, the only time you can see a slight difference is in a picture w/ the flash. I may end up painting it the same silver as the HVAC pieces, but not gloss black.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
yea, go euro style and paint the bezel silver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts