Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don't seem to have as much storage as the other models. Couldn't find a place to store my parking passes or my cell phone for easy access. So I went shopping and bought these two items.

First up is a visor storage system from CaseLogic. First, I'm not too crazy on the whole visor storage thing but this looked classy and is in a deep brown rather than the black everything else seems to comes in. Stores my parking access card, mirror hanging pass and Sirius channel list with no problems.

Visor Up:

Visor Down:

I then found a flexible rubber storage pocket that comes in a dark grey. Not quite as dark as the stock trim in my Ti but the colour is closer than what the photos show. The wife thinks it looks quite sharp. It would probably fit somewhere on the driver's side but this is where I put it. The cell phone is easily accessible from the driver's side and passengers can use it too.

Close up shot:

From outside passenger side:

The little rubber pocket was purchased from Canadian Tire for $6.00, the CaseLogic visor storage thingy was $15.00.

·
Registered
210 Posts
^^ The rubber pocket looks like something I'd buy. Might stick it somewhere else though.

btw, the handbrake looks scary from this angle (last pic)

·
Registered
87 Posts
On my test drive, I thought the handbrake was really cool. :)

Will probably get something something for the visor.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The title of this thread is Two Accessories for Ti Owners, I have an SEL, will these items fit on my car?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Good stuff!! I may try to mount that rubber pocket (if I can find it in the US) on the console next to the seat which would be nearly out of view. The visor storage should be a no-brain-er for me since when I stick my turnpike stub up there now, it comes falling down.

Hey, you still have your winter mats in. Is it still winter in Canada?!? (Couldn't resist)[:)]

·
Registered
524 Posts
The title of this thread is Two Accessories for Ti Owners, I have an SEL, will these items fit on my car?
Not sure why the title limits to just the titanium cars but it sure looks like these two items would work in any trim level.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They would work, but the OP is targeting Ti owners though because they (and SELs with MFT) have a different parking brake that gets rid of the storage pocket to the left of the gear shift, and if they have heated seats the storage space shrinks even more.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yeah, it's the weirdest handbrake I've ever had on a car
IIRC the honda civic has something similar too... but I like the focus' handbrake. Positioned in a nice place and easy to handle.

TFred... I don't know why you put it but I think you shouldn't have put the 'for Ti Owners' in your title. I almost didn't come to this thread thinking these accessories were exclusively for the Ti owners

·
Registered
128 Posts
thanks for posting! I found that my Ti has very limited storage space.. I cant stand cramming everything into my cupholders in the front.. that aren't even that big either so this is a great idea! The only thing that is great for storage is the glove compartment- that thing is pretty big, but theres no way I'm keeping things in there that I need because I cant reach it. Thanks again!!

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They would work, but the OP is targeting Ti owners though because they (and SELs with MFT) have a different parking brake that gets rid of the storage pocket to the left of the gear shift, and if they have heated seats the storage space shrinks even more.
This is correct

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good stuff!! I may try to mount that rubber pocket (if I can find it in the US) on the console next to the seat which would be nearly out of view. The visor storage should be a no-brain-er for me since when I stick my turnpike stub up there now, it comes falling down.

Hey, you still have your winter mats in. Is it still winter in Canada?!? (Couldn't resist)[:)]
I used to tuck the passes into the little vinyl strap in the visor too but every time I took a fast right-hander, the things would come flying out, bounce off the pillar and steering wheel and generally cause mayhem [sing]

Winter? Nope, it's bloody hot. I'm wishing for cooler weather.[rant]

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IIRC the honda civic has something similar too... but I like the focus' handbrake. Positioned in a nice place and easy to handle.

TFred... I don't know why you put it but I think you shouldn't have put the 'for Ti Owners' in your title. I almost didn't come to this thread thinking these accessories were exclusively for the Ti owners
I was thinking about that too but I wanted to grab the attention of Ti owners since we're missing a lot of storage on the lower trim lines.

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for posting! I found that my Ti has very limited storage space.. I cant stand cramming everything into my cupholders in the front.. that aren't even that big either so this is a great idea! The only thing that is great for storage is the glove compartment- that thing is pretty big, but theres no way I'm keeping things in there that I need because I cant reach it. Thanks again!!
Yeah, that glove box is cavernous. If they put an airbag in it, we could safely transport newborns [:D]

·
Registered
712 Posts
How did we Titanium owners lose storage based on heated seats? I'm probably just being dense but I cant think of what you mean..[???:)]

1 - 20 of 44 Posts