Focus Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Fwd

Bill, silly question, but wouldn't the rear flaps still fit? Like, i understand that the fronts need to be changed to the ST ones, but i didn't think that you had changed the rears... *confused*
Sounds right to me, but with FWD, the front ones are the ones that matter most.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I feel bad for you, that looks like a lot of snow already....
We should've had this much a month ago. [hihi]

Looks good as always Bill.
Thanks!

Looks good Twenty. Can't believe you have snow already.

If you start to notice the 3m film chipping or pealing or anything don't forget you can. Plastidip over 3m film just for added winter protection.
Normally snow starts to appear in October. We had one snowfall about two weeks ago but within a couple of days it was gone.

The 3M is holding up fine so far, but thanks!

Bill, silly question, but wouldn't the rear flaps still fit? Like, i understand that the fronts need to be changed to the ST ones, but i didn't think that you had changed the rears... *confused*

Sent from SGH-I747M Via Tapatalk 4
The rears would still fit, but it'd look awkward with only one pair and the fronts are the more important of the two. There's not much paint behind the rear wheels to worry about and the valance has been wrapped in 3M anyway.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Winter...

Not much has happened to the car lately but a few parts are arriving (including the new wheels) which I will photograph to share soon.

Last weekend the STedan and ST were in Lake Louise though, and a few photos were taken. Not much else can happen right now with the weather.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
New wheels for 2014:

It's time to upgrade...

18 x 9.5 Tarmacs.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
What makes it a "STedan"? Just curious. Whenever I see a Yellow Blaze car around here I always instantly think of your car, kinda weird.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
What makes it a "STedan"? Just curious. Whenever I see a Yellow Blaze car around here I always instantly think of your car, kinda weird.
That was a nickname given to it on another forum because of its ST-inspired modifications and number of OEM ST parts.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
I see your car is in a garage do we get a test fit picture?
There will be, when it stops snowing and I can take the Focus for a wash. It has gotten pretty dirty.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Your car still looks great with winters on it. Those are some prime pictures of your car in the snow! So clean!

·
Registered
985 Posts
How does the exhaust sound after a little while? I am hopefully going to do the same thing like you with the exhaust shortly. Its hard to tell if you cut into the bumper at all or if the exhaust tips are sitting against the bumper? Wont it melt the bumper that way? Can you possibly take a better pic for me to see? By the way I love your car and I will be doing similar with my PB sedan :)

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
JPM Coachworks e-brake boot:

Just as I had recovered the arm rest recently to match the seats, I had to replace the e-brake boot as well. As I had mentioned, since I have the Sport package on my Focus I have seats with silver stitching – but that’s it. The steering wheel, e-brake boot, shift boot, and arm rest cover all had black stitching from the Factory. I decided early on that this had to be addressed, hence the new parts from RedlineGoods.

There was an issue however. While the arm rest cover had been added to their catalogue, there was still no option for an e-brake boot. I could have sent off an OEM piece to them to use as a template but there was another company whose products I was interested in trying out, and they were much closer. I got in touch with JPM Coachworks.

They were willing to help out so I sent off to them a brand-new OEM boot and trim panel to be used as a template. It may seem a bit excessive to buy a new part to almost immediately have it torn apart, but I wanted to keep my car intact in the meantime and with my employee discount the piece didn’t cost much at all.

Fast forward to December, and waiting for me one day was their version of the boot. Again I took the chance to change the material as well and went with Black Alcantara to match the shift boot. Since the armrest would see more wear I had opted for leather and it also matches the steering wheel that way. The boots however, were a chance to add some Alcantara to the interior.

JPM really goes above and beyond with quality and detail, not just in the pieces they make but even in the packaging. I was very pleased with what I saw when opening the box.

I had them attach the boot to the plastic base since they had everything there, and that saved me some time when I went to install it in my car.

The last shot of the original boot in the car. You can see how the shift boot and arm rest match the seats now but the e-brake boot is the odd one out. No more.

The removal was very simple; the plastic surround would be popped free and the boot slid off the e-brake. This is one of those times that having a set of trim-removal tools really pays off. If you don’t have some, get them!

Removed. Time for new parts.

The new boot was slid on and the plastic trim clipped in place. Much better! I think everything works pretty well together despite being from three manufacturers (Ford, RedlineGoods, JPM) and while subtle it really updates the interior and makes it look and feel more upscale. It has taken about a year to get all three parts changed but it was well worth it in my opinion.

As you can see the steering wheel is the last item with black stitching. Something may have to be done about that, but looking at the prices for a JPM wheel I think I’ll wait for now.

Don’t think it’s not on the to-do list though.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Your car still looks great with winters on it. Those are some prime pictures of your car in the snow! So clean!
Thank you!

How does the exhaust sound after a little while? I am hopefully going to do the same thing like you with the exhaust shortly. Its hard to tell if you cut into the bumper at all or if the exhaust tips are sitting against the bumper? Wont it melt the bumper that way? Can you possibly take a better pic for me to see? By the way I love your car and I will be doing similar with my PB sedan :)
The car sounds fantastic currently with the exhaust and intake. The intake is definitely the louder of the two though so the exhaust gets overpowered.

The valance has not been notched as I'm keeping it intact for sale down the road when a new piece that's in progress becomes available and takes its place. The 'tip' is barely resting against the plastic but there are no issues as it's just a decorative case and the actual exhaust tips are further back.

I could try for a better photo but honestly, there's not much to show.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I am glad it is not loud, just the way I like it. No need for any other pics... hopefuly i can make a deal with a guy on st forum to buy the catback. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hello,

I finally received my full ST exhaust system and should be getting it installed shortly. Since I will be cutting into my rear bumper to make it look as factory as possible my question to you is how much do you recommend I cut? I was thinking about 1.5” to 2” but then I got thinking about if the muffler can be moved up more? I know on your car its pretty much against the bumper but if needed were you able to make it go up into the bumper more? Please get back to me as I plan to get the bumper modified this Friday.

Thanks!

·
Wit Da Silva Bullit
4,609 Posts
damn twenty spent the last 20 minutes reading everything... nice build... u are an inspiration...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I decided early on that this had to be addressed, hence the new parts from RedlineGoods.

There was an issue however. While the arm rest cover had been added to their catalogue, there was still no option for an e-brake boot
Well, it is now :)

Sorry to spoil your thread, Twenty, but we have just joined FF as a vendor willing to support the community so I just thought I drop by at old friends and say "hello", hope you don't mind :)

And another thing:
As you can see the steering wheel is the last item with black stitching. Something may have to be done about that
We are definitely willing to work on it with you :)

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

·
Registered
2,172 Posts

Sorry to spoil your thread, Twenty, but we have just joined FF as a vendor willing to support the community so I just thought I drop by at old friends and say "hello", hope you don't mind :)

And another thing:
We are definitely willing to work in it with you :)

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Welcome Jack to FocusFanatics! [thumb]

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,033 Posts
Have to agree with novus, WELCOME! Ive seen your work, and it looks amazing!

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #139

And another thing:
We are definitely willing to work on it with you :)

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
I'm a bit late here but welcome! Thanks for the great products. [:)]

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
121 - 140 of 140 Posts