Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post a pic of the tuxedo black off there car. I am thinking of getting that color. I was told its a metallic paint with a iridescent shine to it?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Can anyone post a pic of the tuxedo black off there car. I am thinking of getting that color. I was told its a metallic paint with a iridescent shine to it?
Tuxedo black is no longer being produced. So if you want that color you will have to find one in dealer inventory. They may bring it back in the future but it will depend on when Merck is able to get the pigment back in full production and inventory.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It had different color metal flakes in it. The Kona blue was a bit more conservative but the black looked better with the black grill.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
is ford supplying regular black since the metallic black's no longer avail? the car looks great in black (tho lots of work keeping it clean)

·
Registered
85 Posts
There are still some tuxedo black models out there for sale. You just can't order them in tuxedo black anymore. I found the exact car that I wanted in tuxedo black. It just happened to be a couple states away. It cost me a $109 plane ticket and $75 of gas to get it home. :)

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
There are still some tuxedo black models out there for sale. You just can't order them in tuxedo black anymore. I found the exact car that I wanted in tuxedo black. It just happened to be a couple states away. It cost me a $109 plane ticket and $75 of gas to get it home. :)
I wonder how many were produced, sounds like they are pretty rare already.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went to cars.com and searched for 2012 ford focus under new cars. Once you hit submit there and it takes you to the next page, scroll all the way down on the left to where you can put in additonal keywords. Type in tuxedo there and hit Search. That will give you a list of all of the tuxedo black ones for sale. On the upper right will be a pull-down menu that will let you control how the list is sorted. If you sort it by "Distance: Nearest" you'll be in business. Go get your tuxedo black Focus! :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
For all of you with no longer produced paint colors, how will repair shops be able to match the colors in the event of a fender bender?

·
Registered
85 Posts
There's lots of the paint left for repairs. Ford just wasn't sure of having a steady supply for orders, so they discontinued new builds for those colors.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ive got the Tuxedo Black on my Sedan. I did post pics of my car (if you search) but I admit, you probably can't tell from the photos.

I will take a close up pic and post it. The Tuxedo Black is quite sexariffic!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Joey's picture is better than mine anyway :)

So, I am just curious, if Ford discontinued this color (for production anyway) does this mean anything to us Tuxedo Black owners? I.E. Can I expect my car to be a hotter sell if I chose to sell it?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Joey's picture is better than mine anyway :)

So, I am just curious, if Ford discontinued this color (for production anyway) does this mean anything to us Tuxedo Black owners? I.E. Can I expect my car to be a hotter sell if I chose to sell it?
I read somewhere, of course I have not been able to locate it now, but supposedly they may re-introduce the colors in the fourth quarter. Merck is now back at full production according to their website.
If I can locate the article from Ford I will edit this post with the link.

Here is an article that states they will not re-introduce the affected pigments for 2011 MY vehicles but nothing on the Focus:

http://corporate.ford.com/owner-services/customer-support/ask-ford-faqs?packedargs=inputtext%3DEarly%2BPaint%2BBalance%2BOut%26qtype%3Dqn%26view%3Dprint#

Well over at Donlen they state Tuxedo Black is done for the model year. So you may have a rare color for 2012 :
http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts