Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I finally ordered my 5dr focus yesterday, and I was able to order the Tuxedo black color. However, it is on "late availability". Just wanted everyone to know it is now option. [woot]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so do I, when I ordered the car however, kona blue was available at all, even on a waiting list.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Hey guys, I finally ordered my 5dr focus yesterday, and I was able to order the Tuxedo black color. However, it is on "late availability". Just wanted everyone to know it is now option. [woot]
Are you sure your dealer just doesn't know what he's talking about? Lots don't seem to. You can still order the tux black but it will automatically be corrected to ebony black. It's possible they have re-started production but as I understand it the original factory is in Japan within a mile of the Nuclear zone.

If true that's an interesting development - it would make my car and all of the substitute color cars more of a unique item.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it is, I Wrote Ford, and they said the color is available to order on late availability around November to late October.
And the order came back from the dealer as confirmed on a Tuxedo Black. currently, I have just the standard leather, But I am thinking about upgrading to the arctic white, he said I have about a week to change my mind on stuff, I got everything except the sunroof and parallel parking option. Does anyone have arctic white or seen it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
yes it is, I Wrote Ford, and they said the color is available to order on late availability around November to late October.
And the order came back from the dealer as confirmed on a Tuxedo Black. currently, I have just the standard leather, But I am thinking about upgrading to the arctic white, he said I have about a week to change my mind on stuff, I got everything except the sunroof and parallel parking option. Does anyone have arctic white or seen it?
all of your talk is just making me extremely jealous!!!
please post pics once you get your ride, whatever you decide to get :)
wht on blk sounds fun btw

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have the arctic white and it looks very nice. Some say the white is hard to keep clean but I haven't noticed any problem keeping it clean so far. Just watch out for brand new blue jeans as the dye can rub off onto the white leather. I haven't had that happen, just regurgitating what others have mentioned about it. If I get new jeans I'll just throw a small towel down on the seat till they have gone through enough wash cycles.

There may be a scotch guard type treatment to put on it too to keep it clean. I haven't had time to investigate that yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting..... Maybe Kona Blue will make a comeback as well.
I doubt it, I just ordered mine yesterday and tired to get the Kona with no luck. I watched them put in the order and rejected the Kona. Went with the Red Candy Metallic instead. Hope I like it half as much.

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
Thanks for letting us know. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get touch-up paint if needed!
The existing store of paint was not in nuclear affected areas so touch up paint was available anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I originally wanted red, but I have the Tuxedo and added a pinstripe. Looks awesome with the pinstripe. adds some flair to the car, and breaks up the black, but I love it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I've seen it in person, it looks great. Much better then the red in my opinion. I would have got it myself but I just couldn't justify the extra expense. If you're willing though, go for it.

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
I originally wanted red, but I have the Tuxedo and added a pinstripe. Looks awesome with the pinstripe. adds some flair to the car, and breaks up the black, but I love it.
what color stripe

·
Registered
183 Posts
I happened to see one on Monday with the artic white interior. My G/F and I started to laugh. Looks like a damn cow... [rofl]

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the ebony black with arctic white interior. I love it, everyone is really impressed with the color. The white helps off-set all the black little. I also have the machined black rims :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts