Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to post this as it is related to similar posts but really isnt addressing the same issue

Went to a local ford dealer today to have my drl's turned off cuz i dont need them as i made my fogs the drl's

This is not the dealer i bought the car at btw. I was told itll take hours and cost upward of 400$. Thts insane. So i called the dealer where i bought the car n xplained things. Even tho this dealer is 50 miles away they offered to do it for me free Purchasing dealer thought the first dealership was way off base and did kno what they were doing.

So guys....tell me. Is deactivating the drl's simply the reverse of activating them? Iyo was first dealer snowing me or just incompetent?

Seems to me (and i kno nothing about this) but it shouldnt b a big deal to deactivate them. It took purchasing dealer all of 10 minutes to activate them
Thnx

·
Registered
781 Posts
from what i understand it's as simple as hooking up to one of the car's embedded computers and selection the DRL option on and off. no additional hardware is required. $400? nice scam.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from what i understand it's as simple as hooking up to one of the car's embedded computers and selection the DRL option on and off. no additional hardware is required. $400? nice scam.
Thats what i feel too. Im taking the car to the selling dealer and will see how easily they do it. Depending on what happens there i may have a chat with the "overcharging" dealer manager explaining the issue.
This dealer is the one who always serviced my '01 focus w/o any issue or problems so i dont want to call people liars but def want to get to the bottom of this all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts