Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday, i posted a thread about a clicking noise comming from my steering column when i was steering... it was like when the turn signals click off after you turn, except i didnt have the signals on...

NOW.. my turn signals DONT turn off after i make a turn... so they just stay on and dont turn off, i have to manually turn them off...

ANY clues

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump... anyone????

i called the auto parts place by my house this morning... 96 dollars for a turn signal handle thingy..... i dont wanna buy that untill i know the cause....

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
I had the same situation a few years back, got it fixed under warranty though:

TSB 04-5-5 MAR 04 Lighting - Turn Signal Lamps Won't Self-Cancel

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Take apart the plastic box aroub thte back of the steering wheel and check the end of the handle to see if ti is properly connected.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
everything is connected, and everything looks ok... everything works too, brights, left and right turn signals, they jsut dont turn off after i take a turn...

im gonna have a buddy that is/was a mechanic look at it.. im 100% sure he can tell me what it is, and i hope he can fix it... i just dont wanna go buying parts that are expensive if that isnt the problem... kinda poor..

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from what i have read, it could just be the stalk? maybe? idk... i hope it is, that way it doesnt require removing the steering wheel....

if someone knows what the fork the problem is, or had a similar problem, please let me know... i cant stand maunally turning the signals off...

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
matt, sent you a pm about the turn signal, but doesn't look like thats your problem. I think I sent while your were posting videos. Looks like you found the problem in the steering column.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep... jsut got back from the dealership.. got a new clock spring assy. time to take the steering column apart, and put it in... i hope this is it....

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Mine have the same problem...
it should be clock spring...
anyway to glue something back on instead of a new part?
I am running out of money!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts