Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
When I check the grill blinked for power it light up very very dimly. I checked the ground to the socket and its fine and multifunction switch is fine i checked it on another focus. It's like the blinked wire isn't receivingand power but not sure where to go from here.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The side marker lights have no current going to the flasher as well. That's pretty much it for checking the sockets and wires

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
You might try checking that hazard switch as recommended before. As far as checking for physical damage- there's only one way. Along the way you'll see black wires leaving the wire loom and bolting to the body- or you'll find wires just hanging, and connectors bolted to the body. You should see one somewhere around the fender or radiator on the wire loom leading to the lights. Start on the passenger side- IIRC, the wiring runs from the driver's side around.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Alright i will be swapping hazard switches tomorrow and will see if that does anything. I can only hope. And thanks for all the help everyone

·
Registered
520 Posts
dim test light means that you have internal resistance somewhere. You need to check at plug connectors, hazard switch, multifunction switch, if the front harness seperates in somewhere (2 plugs).
on one side of the plug or switch you will have a bright power on the other you will have a dim power.

Another common cause I have been seeing a lot lately in the female pins on the connecters are spread open not giving the proper clamping force needed in the harness.
when you look at the connecters if 1 pin looks open kind of like |_| instead of like ||
also try turning on the blinkers and wiggle the connecters at the hazard and Miltifunction switch.
In PA you will also have corrosion issues. if any of the connecters look green, black, white, or FUZZY you probally found your problem.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don't know about the 2000 model but I did have my stalk go bad on my 2005. My brights wouldn't work. The brights and turn signals are all attached to the turn signal stalk with a big switch on the top part of the steering column. I bought a non-OEM replacement part for around $25 and replaced it in under 10 minutes. I believe it was this forum that I found a thread on the issue.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well I swapped hazard switch from another focus and that was the problem. It's a Ford only part and its ordered. Thanks for all of the help everyone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having kinda the same problem...All of a sudden my left turn signal (while driving) started clicking really fast when I turned it on but the green signal on dash was solid instead of blinking, then after I made my turn the solid green turn signal stayed on. So I checked out the back to see if it was working and nothing... I shut the car off then the solid green signal goes away.But the signal never comes on at all on the outside. Bulbs are good. flashers all work. So I had the keys in the ignition with power on and then I noticed signals worked fine inside and out. So its only when the ignition is on that it has the signal problem. All other lights work great though. Anyone please help if you know anything that would be great. Oh and all my fuses are good inside the car. Havent checked realay...Dont know where to start there. Thank you for any input.

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
I have a similar problem to the previous poster. All of my lights work fine. If the car is off, all lights and signals function normally. But while I'm driving, if I have my right turn signal on, the light and popping sound don't work. If I turn my wheel to the right with my turn signal on, it does work properly. Any suggestions? I'm going to check for bad fuses later. As well as bad wiring. I saw a picture where someone posted the wiring in the hatch being all torn up. I had to rewire the headlights for my euro headlights, so maybe something came loose there.

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
Nevermind, I see to have fixed the problem. When I was installing my coilovers, my friend's dad noticed the rubber grommet on my hatch wasn't in all the way, so he put it back. The wires that went through there were the ones for the turn signals. I just remembered that around that time is when the problem started. I went and looked, and sure enough the wires are super tight. I removed the grommet again back to how it was, and I didn't have any problem what so ever driving around today. Weird, I guess the wires were just being pulled too tight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
left turn signal problem

hi.... i was changing my light buld on 2001 for focus zx3..in the proccess i try it to modify my light..well i short one of left direction light i checks relay fuses averything checks ok even when i put left bulb works, but light dosent stay on please helps anyone

sorry for my typing

·
Registered
1 Posts
HELP....... left ligth

HELP anyone...i have a 2001 ford focus zx3 and i was installing new headlight
and i start playing with left direction light [smackbum] and short the left direction light cable...now i CANT FIX IT need help left directional does not work
i try pretty much everything....aaahh dont tell me to go a mechanic because defect the porpuse of learning [mecry]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Turn Signal Issue

2009 Ford Focus. Front Turn signals light, but don't flash, Getting fast blink inside when turn signals activated. Replaced both front bulbs, didn't solve issue.

Both rear turn signals do work. When I turn on emergency flashers, both rear flash, but front do not. I am assuming if I had a turn signal flasher issue, none of the turn signals would work? Help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well great news. Both of the front turn signals don't work now. Wtf. Gonna check all the wires tonight with test light.
Just got a 2011 Ford Focus. the turn signal lights on the rear blinking normally, but the arrow lights on cluster sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. If I tap the IP, there is a good chance they will turn on. Also, sometimes after remove the ignition key, the cluster lights stay on, but if I tap the IP, they may turn off. Any advice on these symptoms?
Thanks, Glen_

21 - 35 of 35 Posts