Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i have no idea what is wrong but just yesterday all my turn signals worked perfectly fine and now when i turn on the right one the entire front. signals dont work. Although. the rear one works fine. not sure whats up.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If the rear flashes double time (twice as fast as yesterday when both front and rear were working) most likely the front bulb is burned-out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rear flashes normal. The right turn signal on the dash also doesnt come onebut still makes the clickinglike its working

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Start with the basics. Check fuses (Fuse 48 - 15A, Fuse 33 - 15A). Check bulbs. Check the bulb receptacle(s) for corrosion. Swap bulbs from side to side and see if the problem follows the bulbs or the problem is restricted to the wiring.
Do the right front sidelights come on at all when the light switch is turned on? What do the indicators do if you have the sidelights on? What happens when you use the hazard flasher?
It is common for the bumper sidelight to fail and go unnoticed until the grill sidelight/indicator also fails.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All the lights work fine when the switch is on. When hazards are on the left front and rear flash and just the right rear flashes. The right dash signal doesn't come on at all when hazards are on or right turn signal. When I remove the right grill bulb the gauge indicator is always on and clicks twice as fast when the right turn signal is on.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi xDEViiLx,

If you are unable to diagnose your lighting issue, then I recommend having your local dealer take a look. They are in the best position to determine the cause of your concern. You can locate the closest one here. Please let me know if I can be of any additional help!

~Natasha

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
There may be a short in the wire to the Right Flash signal. Or the actually light housing could have gone out on you.

There are 2 cables that go to the light.

When you take one out ... as you noticed, it makes the blinker go double time.

So, it's getting a signal, but no a full current connect to light up the bulb.

So, again ... check the cables to that right front signal ... and did you check on a new bulb just incase?

-Ray-

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will recheck everything and test all the wires for current. Also was wondering wher the turn signal relay or. flasher is located. Thanks

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
The turn signal runs through the hazard switch. Pop out one of the center vents and make sure the connection is tight. It's easier than taking the whole bezel off to check.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Weird blinkers.

I haven't seen this before in a ford so I would like to help you with it.
Sounds to me like the multifunction switch. (lack of dash bulb)
Remove the switch then make note of how many powers are at the switch and where.
Then put on the left blinker recheck powers note how many NEW powers in this condition. We'll say 2 new powers 1 front 1 rear.
Now do the right blinker again check powers again.
is it the same as the left?

The schematic is usually
Fuse -> switch -> flasher -> dash bulb or
fuse -> flasher -> switch -> dash bulb

If someone can supply a schematic I can more easily diagnoise this for you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My buddy work at a Ford garage and one of the techs told him that its either a bad ground or the multifunction switch. I have another fo fo to change the switch out of before I buy one. Will update if that solves the problem

·
Registered
520 Posts
it's easy to test the circuit @ the blinker.
Check for power with a test light.
If it light up then it's not the multiunction switch.
then put the testlight between both pins in the bulb socket
if it dosent work now then it's the ground.
But a bad ground would lightup the dash cluster that your blinker is blinking.
multi -> dash -> front blinker
So I would actuall check the Multi with your symptoms,
And a broken groung would give you a fast blink or bulb light.

I'm a certified mechanic in wiring (T6). And I do all the wiring for my fleet of 116 trucks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well it wasn't the multifunction switch. Damn. I guess it might be a ground but I'm not sure. Really don't wanna take it to a Ford garage and pay them 80 to fix it in like 20 minutes

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know what you feel, but you are paying for the knowledge as well. I would rather have someone that knows my car than someone that is going to Learn on MY CAR. But it is your hard earned money

·
Registered
520 Posts
don't go to ford

Don't go to ford. check the things I tell you.

Go to the blinker and check for power at the socket with a test light.
If it lights up on 1 wire then hook to the positive battery with the test light and chack the other wire for ground.

Got to the multifunction switch test all the wires with a test light for power.
turn on the good side and recheck for power.
There will probally be 2 new powers 1 front 1 rear.
Now put on the bad side and check for new powers.

Start with that.
If you don't own a test light buy 1 it's cheaper than $100 an hour.
Probally 2 hours to fix this at dealer if easy since it not the basics.

Post your findings then I will give you the next steps.
I go to work at 2pm est tomorrow so do this before then if you can incase I need to look at schematics at work. Other wise I can't get them till monday.

I will need year, trim model (lx or whatever), and motor size to look up the schematics.
I haven't found a wiring problem that I can't figure out yet.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well great news. Both of the front turn signals don't work now. Wtf. Gonna check all the wires tonight with test light.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts