Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys first post, checked the stickied and could not find anything. Here is the issue.

Both my front passanger side turn signal and side signal seem to intermittantly work. Will either be working and then stop or could be not working and then just start. Standard double click sound like a burnt out bulb when it is not working but is seems to also have an odd buzzing noise right after each click. Also when they are out the dash light for the right turn signal also stops working. As of today it seems to not want to come back on at all. Also the same two lights do not turn on with hazzard lights turned on. Any idea where to start? I was thinking maybe a faulty flasher but I can't seem to find where it is, my trusty Haynes does not seem to have it listed and I think the click sound is coming from my column.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Might want to check your left side wiring first. A rapid click is indicating current isn't getting to the bulb (as if the bulb were burnt out) as you've stated. That would indicate the flasher unit is probably OK.
Dumb question: You've checked the bulb(s) already right? Swap from side to side and see if the problem follows the bulbs as a quick test if you can't see the filament clearly.

Edit: And IIRC I believe the flasher unit is an integral part of the signal switch assembly. Remove the upper steering wheel shroud to access.

·
Registered
64 Posts
someone else just had a similar problem, he had 2 wires touching near his front left head light. sounds like yours is a little different though. you have any recent repair work done?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about the wait a few things to add to this. No recent repair work done, tested the bulbs to make sure they are working. As of today I have no turn signals and no break lights except the tailgate light that seems to be working fine. I went to ford to get a new hazard flasher (by the wiring diagram flashers and tail lights go through it) but it was a 4 day order so I got one from the wreckers, installed it same issue. Any other ideas guys I could not find any bad fuses while checking either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also looks like I have a bunch of cracked wiring in my hatch harness, going to try fixing that while waiting for you guys.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Also looks like I have a bunch of cracked wiring in my hatch harness, going to try fixing that while waiting for you guys.

I'm gonna say there is your problem and you have some grounding issues with the wires being broken or chaffed .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Repaired the wiring, only had one broken wire and that was the only light that was actually working, the hatch stop light. Anyone else have any ideas on where to look?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I fixed it to help anyone else out here is what I did. Repaired the hatch harness as it was cracked with a couple of broken wires, patched and taped them. Reconnected all my GEM connecters as a couple were loose then rechecked my fuses, apparently I had blown another fuse #34 I think, the first 15A one, replaced it and it has not blown with no issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts