Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I was wondering if it is possible to remove the grill turning signals(since I have the projector headlights with them), but not remove the male connector piece. There are three terminals on the connector, and I was hoping i could jumper the turning and negative ones so I wouldn't have to lob the whole thing off. Would this be possible?

·
Registered
16 Posts
loob the whole thing off bro i think it would be easier in the long run. it wouldn't be hard to leave a tag end on the connector and splis it back in if you ever go back to stock. they make butt plug connectors that can be heat srunk to weather proof them.

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
yes you can do what your asking. just get the right Pins make sure it is secure and tape it off.

I am a strong advocate of not Cutting the factory harness unless absolutely needed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I am going to jumper it then. I always like having the option to go back to stock if need be. BTW would anyone know the color codes for these turning wires?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I am trying do do this, but the car still recognizes that the turning signal bulb is gone. There is a major wire, minor wire, and ground. What do I need to connect to get this to think that the bulb is still present? Ive conected every connector to one another, but nothing has happened.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone at all?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
just go to the dealer, they should be able to turn it off for you for a couple of bucks. or you could just ground all three wires, that could work, but may be wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts