Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I have acquired the aforementioned BOV for my Focus Mk3.5 1.0 Ecoboost 125ps. I began the installation process but their instructions are for Fiestas only and the lines run a bit differently there. I end up replacing the stock re-circulating valve with the BOV, but I attached it to the stock line.

What I am looking for is someone to provide me with detail pics of how he/she ran the new vacuum line and more importantly where the Tee part got attached. I am being overly cautious as my car is still in warranty and wanna cut lines when I am sure where to do so.

Thank you in advance for the assistance!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here's how I've had mine routed for 1.5 years. Let me know if you need a different picture since I know this isn't the best.

Sorry, this image doesn't show in the reply and I can't post links yet so send me a pm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I cannot say for sure that I understand where the Tee part is mounted from the picture. Sorry. Anyway, I made some of my engine bay and more specifically that area. I would be happy if you can point out where it goes. Thanks in advance!

ps I would highly appreciate if u can take similar pics of your assembly.

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
I just installed one if these on my car today. Kinda jumped into it as it was im my car and my buddies garage was empty.
The instructions i got(downloaded) from turbosmart said to cut the hose from the connector and the check valve barbs behind the throttle body and use the supplied hose but the connector behind the throttle body after the check valve on the focus for that location is different than their picture.
There is no barb on that specific connector to attach a hose to, its molded directly into the connector and unfortunately i cut that connectors hose at the highest point on it. Working in a dark garage with neighborhood kids shooting fireworks off right out front can be distracting.
I managed to realize this after cutting it, and was able to salvage this mess with some electrical tape and hose clamps. Nice job butchering up the purge valve lines i just bought a few months ago.
Oh well, lessons learned. I have the old lines i took off laying around somewhere here and will fix that proper later. I thought i had them in the car just for this job but i must have taken them out. Just glad i got it on at all.
As far as sound and operation, no fluttering sound at all thank gawd, just a nice pssst sound, but the valve was sent to me fully tightened and i didnt back it all the way out before install, trying to adjust that in there is a pita when its hot.
It was really slow to idle back down at first and after softening it some that stopped. I think i still need to soften it more as it takes effort to make it go off, hard acceleration and reving to get it to actuate.
But im happy its on and functions. 20200702_213958.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just installed one if these on my car today. Kinda jumped into it as it was im my car and my buddies garage was empty.
The instructions i got(downloaded) from turbosmart said to cut the hose from the connector and the check valve barbs behind the throttle body and use the supplied hose but the connector behind the throttle body after the check valve on the focus for that location is different than their picture.
There is no barb on that specific connector to attach a hose to, its molded directly into the connector and unfortunately i cut that connectors hose at the highest point on it. Working in a dark garage with neighborhood kids shooting fireworks off right out front can be distracting.
I managed to realize this after cutting it, and was able to salvage this mess with some electrical tape and hose clamps. Nice job butchering up the purge valve lines i just bought a few months ago.
Oh well, lessons learned. I have the old lines i took off laying around somewhere here and will fix that proper later. I thought i had them in the car just for this job but i must have taken them out. Just glad i got it on at all.
As far as sound and operation, no fluttering sound at all thank gawd, just a nice pssst sound, but the valve was sent to me fully tightened and i didnt back it all the way out before install, trying to adjust that in there is a pita when its hot.
It was really slow to idle back down at first and after softening it some that stopped. I think i still need to soften it more as it takes effort to make it go off, hard acceleration and reving to get it to actuate.
But im happy its on and functions. View attachment 306943
Glad you had success. I on the other hand, am still considering removing this. I HATE FLUTTER! I installed it correctly but only get the blowoff sound when the throttle is at fully pushed and I have gotten to about 3k rpm in 1st and second but 3rd -6th just sounds like my car is powered by deranged horses or something. I replaced vacuum lines with very very solid lines rated way over my application and see virtually no difference going from hard to soft. When I rev from parked up to like 6k it works fine but that’s not the only time I wanna hear it... How is yours in 3rd-6th???

·
Registered
620 Posts
Glad you had success. I on the other hand, am still considering removing this. I HATE FLUTTER! I installed it correctly but only get the blowoff sound when the throttle is at fully pushed and I have gotten to about 3k rpm in 1st and second but 3rd -6th just sounds like my car is powered by deranged horses or something. I replaced vacuum lines with very very solid lines rated way over my application and see virtually no difference going from hard to soft. When I rev from parked up to like 6k it works fine but that’s not the only time I wanna hear it... How is yours in 3rd-6th???
About the same as you are describing so far.
Takes effort to get it to actuate(like revving it up over 4k) and only really heard during aggressive gear shifts like if im racing to beat a red light.
Not the end of the world since i know its not my Sprint(which i miss)but i dont want beat it up all day just to hear it.
If i get around to it ill make a video of its operation for comparison.
Today im going to soften it some more and give the car a general going over since i got it inspected yesrerday and i cant trust people touching my car without messing something up. Got the oil changed a few weeks ago and the little rubber lip thing was hanging off the car because they only put one screw back in it. Cant trust anybody these days.

·
Registered
15 Posts
About the same as you are describing so far.
Takes effort to get it to actuate(like revving it up over 4k) and only really heard during aggressive gear shifts like if im racing to beat a red light.
Not the end of the world since i know its not my Sprint(which i miss)but i dont want beat it up all day just to hear it.
If i get around to it ill make a video of its operation for comparison.
Today im going to soften it some more and give the car a general going over since i got it inspected yesrerday and i cant trust people touching my car without messing something up. Got the oil changed a few weeks ago and the little rubber lip thing was hanging off the car because they only put one screw back in it. Cant trust anybody these days.
Lmk if you figure out something. Erving in neutral or getting it under a lot of load is the only way it works right. I get the occasional lucky blow off but usually the horse noise I hate so much! I may try a different spring or cutting the original one to see what happens, if I can find one...

·
Registered
620 Posts
Lmk if you figure out something. Erving in neutral or getting it under a lot of load is the only way it works right. I get the occasional lucky blow off but usually the horse noise I hate so much! I may try a different spring or cutting the original one to see what happens, if I can find one...
Ill let you know after i get my car back from the dealer, the clutch went on it 5 minutes after i took it out yesterday, i think the line on it broke, behind the trans somewhere, had to get it towed. Must have just been its time, or when they inspected it they touched something they shouldnt have. Cant catch a break.
I did soften the valve before i headed out and seemed to actuate slightly easier.

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Do you know what spring came in your Dualport? They may need to be switched out to a lighter spring if you loosen it all the way and still can't get it to vent properly.

There's three available for the dualport
Soft: Kompact Blow Off Valve Spring - Soft - Blue - Turbosmart
Medium: Kompact Plumb Back Blow Off Valve Spring - Green - Turbosmart
Hard: Kompact Dual Port Blow Off Valve Spring - Pink - Turbosmart
Im pretty sure the spring in mine was just metal without paint but ill double check when i get my car back.
Hard getting my hand in there but can do it if its important.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I was going to pop my valve out and take a look at the spring but it was too hot both underhood and outside to get into thing but im glad i had a look under my hood today because i havent been hearing it go off all week.
20200719_163159.jpg
20200719_163205.jpg

It sagged down into the pulley there and cut the hose.
Thankfully they gave me plenty of hose with it to cut it back some and fix that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts