Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i was looking at the links on the website and saw the turbonator one is it a scam or does that thing really work and work like they say? does anyone have one? or seen one in action?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
here we go again... lol
the turbonator question thread v12312.34, lol
no dude, it doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Oh sh1t...Again..? NO!! Why do people ask? Isnt it kind of obvious?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok sorry for asking lol thanks for the flame though :-D

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Hey, its okay... I realize not everybody knows about that thing ( yes it is useless )... No flame from me, it never hurts to ask...It is funny though, those of us that have been here a while have seen this thread 50 times, but no worries.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
[rofl] you should buy it and tell us what you think. maybe run it on the dyno as a before and after [:D] and show us the slips. lol kidding!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
just toss your 50 bucks in the driveway and light it on fire, and you'll be ahead 20 bucks...

better yet give me 20 bucks, and you can be 50 ahead ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Zx3_Chris said:
ok sorry for asking lol thanks for the flame though :-D
That's why FF is here- To help other Focus owners get questions answered, and get the most fun out of our cars.

So don't feel bad dude, we've all been there.

..and yeah, stay away from those! [:D]

[thumb]

·
Registered
859 Posts
Regardless of what others may say, it fully and completely meets its inteneded purpose...

To transfer money from the wallet of suckers into the wallet of the sellers.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
lol i remeber that i asked this when i was new. BUT the theroy of the turbonator works just bnot that model it does not push the requried are to make a difference. BUT i did show VIDEO proff that just using a high volume blower like one on your common leaf blower will give you gains in power my video proved it on the dyno in the video

·
Registered
341 Posts
very freakin' carefully

·
Registered
460 Posts
isnt there a law against this type of stuff? false advertisement i think its such b.s. what ebay is filling up with. chips that give you 20+hp, rolled up sheets of metal with vanes, electric superchargers, auctions to win sites that tell you where to buy in car dvd players for $10...

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
theres a law but the autions are not lying they do sell u info on where to get things cheap. they can add up to that much horsepower if u build the engine up. so in all its not false just not worth the money for that little part.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Some times you gotta ask yourself...have I seen that on race cars? If the answer is no then its not worth lookin any further.
They'll be the first ones to have them if they work, untill the sanctioning body's band them.

·
Registered
859 Posts
cruzstyle said:
theres a law but the autions are not lying they do sell u info on where to get things cheap. they can add up to that much horsepower if u build the engine up. so in all its not false just not worth the money for that little part.
BS! BS! BS!

If they really know how to get stuff really cheap why are they so willing to sell the info to you for $9.00? Why not just keep it to themselves and make a killing selling Plasma TV's on e-Bay all day long. I think they would net far more than selling you bogus info at $9.00 a crack.

And .39 cent resistor or a .99 cent hunk of shaped tin is not going to help (or be seriously considered) by anyone really working to "build the engine up"

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
theres a huge difference in a reagular daily driver and a race car. the reason u never see them on those cars is becasue millions and millions or R&D go into those cars to make it near perfect in everyway, as where your everyday daily driver doesnt. so small mods like this do make a difference. i know that my dad always bought those but before he did he took his average MPG for 6 months and then put it on and comparded it to the part and MPG did always improve. nothing like 10mpg but between 2-5MPG

i can say those work because i bought one and i have gotten many things for lower prices for exaple
ipod nano-80
ipod video 60G-180
sony digital camera 5.1 MP(when it first came out)-85
xbox with 1 game and 2 controllers-90
nintendo gamecube-40

so,e of the stuff on those list u have to jump threw hoops to get others are easy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts