Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently purchased this Foci, and im wanting to Turbo it, what kits are available ? or what can i peice together ? Is there a standalone system for the ecu's ?

Thanx

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
is it a zetec or spi...first ?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
Tommy said:
on the valve cover it sez 2.0L Split Port...
so an spi...might want to contact knight turbo systems...can easily be found on yahoo or google.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the help fellaz, that was my buddy posting.

Im at 446whp on my Sol and still going... His Foci is just begining to be a monster :) can his SE be a monster or should he just swap that little thing out for another one before he starts dipping into his pockets ?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
that motors fine...internals could be had...and as anyone should. think he should start with bolt ons...and hell, get a turbokit for a zetec and install it...what kinda power is he looking for?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
inline_engine_lover said:
you have your car up on cardomain or anywhere? i think it would be cool to see it.
Sure do, I havent taken any pics of my new set up (built B20z(CRV) w/t3/t4) but the pics of her on cardomain is when i had my prototype sc wich unleadedracing is still developing, my prototype wich is in the pics is actuallly a M62electromagneticly clutched intercooled supercharger (off a mercedes) with a bypass valve (off a mercedes) (on/off switch), w/unleaded racing black box and vw corrado side mount intercooler and the Hondata stand along engine managment system... It wasnt bad for that small engine i had before till i got board and went for soem real poneys... check it out HERE

Thanx again for the help, my buddy, as for how many poneys hes looking for, Hes never had a "fast" car, soo if i were to decide for him, id say: hrmm, id rather him have a bigger turbo with a little lag, but more potential in the future, wich im sure , as most of us are, boost freeks, once u get a touch, u want more lol, so, whats a nice turbo kit for these foki's, that have potential ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I only went to the track once and that was 3 years ago when i had that smaller engine with the supercharger on it, and my sc was going on/off/on/off...etc due to a fake/pastic/dummy fuze the "alarm installers" put in my "key on" slot under the hood.... so ran like shit, but i got a 14.8 and i was pist... sooo , well are you looking for what you could get with x # of hp's ? I could tell you some #'s ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know math ?

2241lbs car, 170whp/152lbs/tq / decient driver = 14.0 1/4

low ?

i smoked many a cars with that "slow" set up...

u drive a deciently light car too and know the ratio from whp to crank hp, right, thats not all that "low" ?

Althought it does get boaring, wich is why I steped it up a few knoches and went for some big poneys :) now instead of upping the boost, im lowering the boost to gain some traction

1 - 13 of 13 Posts