Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im thinking of bitting the big one and putting togeather a turbo set up, but i need some input on what todo about the exsaust set up im not certin how i will mount a turbo on a header without risking street legality. Any sugesting will be nice, keep in mind i live in cali....

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Are you sure you don't want to stick to naturally aspirated? There are some erious parts coming, ie cosworth kit in april. Just that package will give 100hp more, that would be close to 250hp. I think it would be a lot easier to keep it smog legal that way than turbo.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
*Dr. Evil's Voice* Riigghhttt.... there is no cosworth kit, and it isn't going to be out in april. The highest powered FULL race naturally aspirated 2.0 zetec in the states is pushing roughly 200whp by focus central. You probably won't be able to turbo a Partial zero emission vehicle in california, the VIN would require a partial emission test of which the turbo will allow hehe.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I have a feeling that the kit will come out, BUT, it will be mega expensive, and driveablity will be tossed out of the window.

And I don't know how you can install a turbo in the peoples' republic of california and get part the air board police.

The first cat is in the exhaust manifold, so you have to ditch it. Then you can drop in an exhaust header and mount your turbo down below. I don't think that second cat will do as good of a job alone, and would probably fail a sniffer test. And then you have the visual inspection as well.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Egz is right, it's pretty much a pain in the butt even if you own a Civic to get a turboanything into a car that will pass smog... a lot less options.

I'm not positive, but I don't think it will even pass smog with an intake on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts