Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I am thinking about just throwing a turbo on my Focus, and being done with it... Any suggestions as far as where to find and what price. I have a 2000 ZX3 Automatic with a Borla Catback exhaust and an AEM cold air intake... I will probably get new cams and gears and prolly a chip... But I just want to make my car as fast as possible as soon as possible... lol I am extremely impatient!!! [?|]

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
their are many places the have turbo kit out for the regular focus. have fun

·
Registered
283 Posts
ok the only ones you want to get is either the roush turbo kit or toms. the roush kit is at mcnewsautomotive.com, and toms is at focus-power.com

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ya but tom is not doing his turbo kit anymore so you have one less choice to make

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
how about the xios kit, focus sport, their alot of different choices

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
yea search it

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only Turbo I can find for a ZETEC engine is on Mcnewsautomotive, for $3500!! That's crazy expensive... Think I can find any cheaper? Financing? lol [???:)]

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
nope, if your looking for cheaper check out c-f-m and the supercharger

·
Registered
813 Posts
bigb620 said:
The only Turbo I can find for a ZETEC engine is on Mcnewsautomotive, for $3500!! That's crazy expensive... Think I can find any cheaper? Financing? lol [???:)]
For complete turbo kits $3,500 is NOT a lot. If you think this is a lot then FI is not for you. FI is very expensive. A good rule of thumb is, if you can't affored to blow your motor then don't do FI.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ya that's so true. if you like to rebuild an engine after u mess it up then go "cheap". Just from my point of view i would build your engine up to where it can handle the amount of boost you are looking for cuz every person on her that has gone boost wants to go more at one time or another. so just do it right the first time and spend your money well. good luck

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I am new to zetecs I have a duratec. I just got a 2000 ZX3 today and wondered what kind of power can be expected with FI

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Well, Tom's kit was capable of putting out about 200 WHP/TQ on an otherwise stock Zetec with a 2.5" or larger full exhaust system. He had Turbonetics building him a custom T3 turbo that he designed that was pretty fast on the uptake and gave the kit nearly equal numbers in TQ and HP. I'm hoping he'll sell the turbo by itself, as all he would have to do is order them from Turbonetics and resell them (if I heard the story about them correctly), but he hasn't said anything about it yet.

Most other kits will put out something close to that, but there's usually a slight falloff in TQ from HP, they'll be somewhere in the 200 WHP/185 WTQ range. A lot of it also has to do with tuning, and Tom said he's going to continue tuning for some time, so you could potentially buy a turbo kit and take your car to Tom (with the kit already installed) and have him do the tuning on it. He did a pretty good job with 03OrangeSVT's Garret GT28-based turbo setup, so there's no reason why he couldn't do it again with another kit.

bigb620 said:
Alright, I am thinking about just throwing a turbo on my Focus...I have a 2000 ZX3 Automatic...
Stop...the ATX will die shortly after you increase your engine's output by nearly 80%. The 4F27E is pretty much at its limit with a stock engine, putting a turbo on is a sure-fire way to cook your transmission in short order. There's plenty of people on here with nearly stock or stock setups who are on their second or even third transmission with less than 50,000 on the clock. You either need a MTX swap or a built auto (like the Lentech.)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
basically u can achieve pretty substantial numbers for a 4 cyl it's just a matter of how much money you have available.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts