Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might sound stupid but im infatuated with the focus rs. i think that thing is the coolest car ive seen in a while. anyway what are the odds of getting that turbo into a zetec? isnt the rs engine the same as the zetece but with a turbo? im looking for 50 state legal turbos but i guess they dont make any?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
If you want a turbo talk to Turbo Tom he is the only person who makes a good turbo www.focus-power.com thats his site I don't know where else you could get a turbo espically the one off the RS

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can most likely build a turbo setup very similar to the RS in most respects. The turbine used is a Garrett T25, they're using some air-to-water intercooler, a similar unit is probably available somewhere, I've seen the exhaust header for sale on the internet, then you can probably look up what kind of injectors it's using, whether it uses a recalibrated MAF or a MAP sensor, etc. but hoses, pipes, tuning stuff, that might be harder to find out/come by.

There however are a lot of things that make the RS appealing besides the turbo setup, for example the LSD, clutch, suspension, etc.

If I were you I'd go with turbo tom's kit, but if you're after the experience, you could get a starter kit from tom, and work your way from there :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Toms kit is the best, do NOT get a gude kit......
and another thing about the RS is its awd

·
Registered
380 Posts
i always thought it was awd
that sux, would be cool to have an AWD focus w/ a turbo

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
or a RWD focus with a Mustang Cobra engine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts