Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best turbo to get for a 2002 ford focus se within a reasonable price. I just want my car to be fast so it can be all complete. Please respond with your thoughts. (My dad can do all upgrade and installation.)

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
In my opinion I would do my DIY kit , if you look here in my section you will find out everything about my DIY kit. What it cost and what it comes with

My email is [email protected] and my # is 704-249-3745 if you have more questions

Tom

·
Registered
75 Posts
What's the best turbo to get for a 2002 ford focus se within a reasonable price. I just want my car to be fast so it can be all complete. Please respond with your thoughts. (My dad can do all upgrade and installation.)
The best idea is to sell your car and get something faster. Less hassle and you will get more money back on resale.. And what's is fast by your standards? Are you looking for certain WHP number? Strait line performance? Power delivery? What's your price range?

How can we suggest you something without knowing more info?

·
Registered
401 Posts
^^I agree completely!^^ Save yourself the aggravation. Buy a car designed for what you want it to do. The Focus is designed to be a nimble fun little runabout and it does that well. Unless you have the money to go all the way with it leave it alone.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
You guys couldnt be further from the truith , The Focus in stock form can double (230-250) the HP/TQ to the wheels safely with adding a turbo

There isnt many other cars this much fun for the money that will do 230-250HP to the wheels

Tom

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
if it is an SE with a SOHC than yes I say sell it. if its a zetec, listen to Tom on this one

·
Registered
401 Posts
No around here all the Japanese ricer cars are 15 year old civics that the owner thinks by painting the hood flat black it makes it go faster.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
Yea spend all your money on it, and still get beat by a civic SI.
Your kidding right ? Bone stock Zetec Focus with my turbo kit makes 250HP and 265TQ to the wheels , If you cannot beat a SI then some one needs to learn how to drive

Tom

·
Registered
220 Posts
Your kidding right ? Bone stock Zetec Focus with my turbo kit makes 250HP and 265TQ to the wheels , If you cannot beat a SI then some one needs to learn how to drive

Tom

well even without it i walked on one with underdrive pulleys and a CAI [giggle]

bone stock huh? so absolutely nothing done to it i can expect those gains with a zetec?

not trying to jack your thread or anything but having one right above yours that says the exact same thing just doesn't seem right

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
I would hope so , the si isnt very fast in my opinion

Full turbo kit ,installed and tuned will make 250HP to the wheels with even stock exh and clutch , clutch will go in time and best to have a 2.5 exh

Not sure what you mean by above

Tom

·
Registered
401 Posts
Look guys I'm not trying to offend anyone I love Focus's too however the original poster asked if he could turbo a stock vehicle at a reasonable price and be competitive and I don't think you can. I am aware that you can pay Tom and others lots of money to make lots of power and go really fast I'm not debating that. I just feel that for an investment that will prob be 10-15 grand you could easily just buy a faster vehicle and keep the focus for when the road gets curvy. Nuff said guys I think we have beat this thread into the ground.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Look guys I'm not trying to offend anyone I love Focus's too however the original poster asked if he could turbo a stock vehicle at a reasonable price and be competitive and I don't think you can. I am aware that you can pay Tom and others lots of money to make lots of power and go really fast I'm not debating that. I just feel that for an investment that will prob be 10-15 grand you could easily just buy a faster vehicle and keep the focus for when the road gets curvy. Nuff said guys I think we have beat this thread into the ground.
10-15Grand? What lunacy are you on..

We did a full turbo kit on my friends ATX Zx3, for $1300.. How? We did a DIY with a junkyard turbo and a tune.. All for $1300 he made 243 at the wheels. No issues car ran great and was fun to drive to this day it runs great has been about 2 years.

You can get a practical bolt on turbo kit for around 3000... Thats FSWerks or what have you's turbo or whatever. with little to no issues.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
Lets say you buy a used Focus , turbo , clutch , tune , exh and have 15,000 in the car , what other car for that weight and money can you but that will do 250HP 260TQ to the wheels for with Ins for that money
Ins is stupid cheap on the Focus

Tom

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
agreed. for 15 grand i think you could easily make a focus run 10's if you spend the money right. hell it would have been really easy awhile back. tom sold the 351W rwd focus for 10K i think. you could sink the other 5K into the car for tires, better internals if it needed it, and nitrous and been in 10's or better.

for $5000 you are looking at a VERY nice turbo kit for the focus with tuning with it too. another $2000 spent intelligently will have a built bottom end with a good head. another $2000 and the transmission can be bullet proof if its a MTX or you could buy a lentech tranny for a bit more that you can throw over 700whp at without sweating bullets. maybe $500 for a very nice set of top of the line tires and another $400 for a pair of lightweight wheels. $300 for motor mounts. and after that i cant think of much else you would need to have a car that could run 11's. what does that bring the total up to? this is all on the high end of the budget by the way. if you look for deals on parts and maybe make use of some second hand components you could do it for several grand less. that is just over $10,000 for brand spanking new parts for a zetec powered FWD focus that could easily run 11's if not 10's. another 5 grand could go a long way on a car like that. billet crank and/or 2.3 stroker (which includes a billet crank if memory serves) bigger turbo for more boost, traction helpers, nitrous, pretty body parts, interior mods, suspension. i could probably go on. for $15,000 there is no reason why someone couldnt have a focus running 10's if the money is spent right and they do their own labor. the car would probably still be street legal(ish) and insurance would be miles less expensive than a car that costs $15000 and can run 13's for that price. tell me im wrong there.

sorry for the rant but i just couldnt help myself.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts