Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2002 zx3 5 speed. I have a cusotm built IHI turbo, an intercooler core, blow off valve, Apexi S-AFC, and a boost controller.( all of which were donated to me by friends and family) I also have a boost gauge, air/fuel ratio gauge, exhaust gas temp gauge and fuel pressure gauge. I know I need larger injectors, exhaust, intercooler piping, and a manifold. What else do I need? Is the stock maf up to the task? Any fuel system mods? Do i need a boost sensitive timing retard? I was also wondering about datalogging equipment? On my brothers eagle talon tsi, we have a laptop we picked up for dirt cheap and some datalogging software we got from a friend. We made a cable to interface with the diagnostic port under the dash and it works beautifully, is there something similar out there for the Focus? What is a safe amount of boost to run on 92 octane? I was thinking somewhere around 9 or 10 psi. And any tuning info would be appreciated. I'm trying to avoid spending an obscene amount of cash. I am willing to sacrifice a few horsepower to save a buck or two. Which means no standalone engine management system,and no custom chip (if I can help it). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts